Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Shouldn't the seller pay for return shipping if the hat size is mislabeled?

You would think so, but no. They are not helpful at all. They acknowledge the mistake, but I ate the return shipping and they only gave me half of the original shipping. Then they wanted me to re-order and pay for the shipping of the correct hat again.

Australian Gear Com
is underwhelming in their product support after a huge screw up. I would not recommend them for anything.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
IMG_6426%20Guide_zps9rujtgzs.jpg

Here is the RM Williams just out of the box. Aside from the color and less flanging at the rear, it sure looks like a CampDraft to me.

Fed

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You would think so, but no. They are not helpful at all. They acknowledge the mistake, but I ate the return shipping and they only gave me half of the original shipping. Then they wanted me to re-order and pay for the shipping of the correct hat again.

Australian Gear Com
is underwhelming in their product support after a huge screw up. I would not recommend them for anything.
Sorry to hear of your experience with them. So far I've dealt with EA and Hatsdirect and have had only first-rate service. I guess that's what's so great about this forum - that you are apprised of this sort of behavior. Hang in there, though.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Sorry to hear of your experience with them. So far I've dealt with EA and Hatsdirect and have had only first-rate service. I guess that's what's so great about this forum - that you are apprised of this sort of behavior. Hang in there, though.

At the end of the deal I got a fine hat at a reasonable price in a color which is otherwise not available. In spite of it all, I would give them another go - after Everything Australian. Only Sam at EA is unblemished in providing perfect service and product, so he gets first consideration on all purchases.

Fed

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Did someone say they were looking for another CampDraft color?

http://www.australiangear.com/akubra-campdraft-loden.html

Not at all my idea of loden color, but might make a great CampDraft regardless of the name used.

Just make them check the size on a block before they ship it to you and not by the tag!

Fed
The captions on a couple of the photos show it as "mid-brown". I couldn't resist. Ordered one. Its certainly not my idea of "loden."

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The captions on a couple of the photos show it as "mid-brown". I couldn't resist. Ordered one. Its certainly not my idea of "loden."
Good luck with the order. It's kind of hard to tell the color from the photos, so I'll be looking forward to your pics and comments.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Yeah , Akubra offers Loden on several Western styles , but Loden to me is a green color , but their's is (kind of) Chocolate Brown . I think the Rough Rider , and Saddle Bronc (not sure) can be ordered in it . Nice color Brown , though . They've got several "made to order" colors that are nice . It kind of reminds me of Alan's Tobacco colored Borsalino's . They're Sweet !

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
If I'm not mistaken loden is the brown fed IV color too. Man, now want one of those Campdrafts!

You know , I bet that's the regular Open Crown , flanged Brim Campdraft that's used in the RM Williams Akubra pre-shaped version , just a guess . I know Loden looks Great on the Rough Rider Western Hat .

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I went to order one and remembered that I have a thin ribbon dark brown Gannon heading my way in a couple days ... the thought didn't curb my craving much but it did make me stop the ordering process

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112