Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Waiting at the office for me when I got in this AM. Third Akubra, second CD. The Bluegrass Green, as others has attested, a very nice color. I can see this being worn a lot.

View attachment 50822 View attachment 50823 View attachment 50824

I wet it down a bit with a spray bottle and put a diamond in it.

View attachment 50825 View attachment 50826 View attachment 50827

Still a little big on my noggin, but I'm certain that will take care of itself with some wear. It was fitting even better until I put the diamond in. I'll wear it for my lunchtime walk - that ought to help.

It's softer than my SBCD, not as soft as my fedora. It actually took a dry bash fairly well, but I decided to wet it down a bit here at the office and let it dry itself into shape.
Looks great on you. What a classic!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Another reason to feel fortunate to have a hat shop with such an incredible selection to choose from so close to home (Byrnie Utz Hats). I walked in, and walked out with my SBCD same day. It would have driven me crazy having to wait 3 months. :D :D

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Here's a goofy picture of my Taupe Fawn Campdraft the way I wear it ...

FullSizeRender-9.jpg

Still a little too big , up , but tugged in the nose .

Thanks Eli , I'll show you what I look like with the Campdraft down and pinched (Not Good !) ... Haha ! Not me ! I can't do the down and pinched , Super Goofy Looking . I'm NOT Feeling It ... . Haha !
"Down and pinched" doesn't look as bad as you think, but I think it does suit you better with the brim up and the loose/relaxed pinch in the photo in post #4166.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Hey all! Looking at the Campdraft to get as my work hat. My usual work attire is denim or hickory stripped overalls (I work for the Railroad as an Engineer) with lighter colored shirts and redwing boots in the reddish color.

In the winter I either wear a heavy denim barn coat or dark brown Carhart.

Which color do you think would best work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the SB, but scared it might show dirt easier. But, the SB is a little darker than my Stetson OR SB.

Thank You!!!
This is a great thread!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Hey all! Looking at the Campdraft to get as my work hat. My usual work attire is denim or hickory stripped overalls (I work for the Railroad as an Engineer) with lighter colored shirts and redwing boots in the reddish color.

Which color do you think would best work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the SB, but scared it might show dirt easier. But, the SB is a little darker than my Stetson OR SB.

Thank You!!!

I'm partial to the Bluegrass Green. It's such a muted green color that it works well with a lot of earth-tones and it is dark enough not to show minor dirt.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
I'm partial to the Bluegrass Green. It's such a muted green color that it works well with a lot of earth-tones and it is dark enough not to show minor dirt.

I saw yours on the Overload thread!! Great job on the crease!!!
Will that green go with about any color?
Sure is a beauty.

My problem is I like them all! Hahaha

Eliesti

A-List Customer
I saw yours on the Overload thread!! Great job on the crease!!!
Will that green go with about any color?
Sure is a beauty.

My problem is I like them all! Hahaha

Yes! It goes with most everything! Thanks so much for the compliment on the bash.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family

Thank You!!!

You might look up the RM Williams version which is a fairly dark brown. A bit stiffer and not fedora flanged like other CampDrafts, but a great hat. That and my BlueGrass Green are the most frequently worn of my hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo