Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Bluegrass Green finally came in!

MyEntireCollection3.jpg
MyEntireCollection4.jpg
MyEntireCollection6.jpg
MyEntireCollection2.jpg

Neophyte

These aren't the best pics I have of the color. These come off a bit grey. It's really just a nice green, a bit lighter than Akubra's Willow Green. Thanks for the compliment :).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
That hat looks great on you, Neo. I think that the OR/CD style is definitely your look. Maybe you can try for a vintage OR next.

By the way, great bash, I love the roughness at the back. The wide pinch is good too.

Neophyte

This is just a dry bash, so I'm not done yet, but thank you! This is my first attempt at a tall bash with a wide front pinch, inspired by your green Squatter. The long side dents creat a tiny bit of a taper effect, but I really, really like how it turned out. This one's an instant favorite.

The thing I'm most excited about is that this is the first hat I've shaped where the crown does not rest on the top of my head. It really does make a noticeable increase in comfort.

I may try vintage now that I know what I like, and what works for/with/on me. Thanks again, Yeps!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Bravo, Neophyte!

I really like what you've done with the hat! A very comfortable looking color, if that makes sense... it appears to be broken in and "old friend" like.

Congrats on a great hat!

Randy

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I'm liking what I see here. That may have to be the next Akubra I go for. I was thinking of the brown, but that green is really neat. Which of the three pics most closely reflects the actual color Neo? Because I'm liking the first image on the rail best.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Neophyte

hatophile said:
Ahhh, finally Neo!

The bluegrass is great, I have one too and really like it. Now it's time for a silverbelly CD, right?

Thank you for the compliment, and yes...eventually I am required to purchase a Silverbelly lol.

theinterchange said:
I really like what you've done with the hat! A very comfortable looking color, if that makes sense... it appears to be broken in and "old friend" like.

Congrats on a great hat!

Randy

Thank you :). I have to agree. Unlike my Taupe Fawn Campdraft, from the moment I put on this hat I felt completely, 100% comfortable and natural wearing it!

Rick Blaine said:
Very like this old Open Road I got last week. A classic color!

Thanks for the photo. It is indeed a classic color :D! Nice catch on that hat, by the way, from what I hear it's rare to find a green vintage OR!

DanielJones said:
I'm liking what I see here. That may have to be the next Akubra I go for. I was thinking of the brown, but that green is really neat. Which of the three pics most closely reflects the actual color Neo? Because I'm liking the first image on the rail best.

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks! The image on the rail is the closest, but I recommend you check the photo I posted of me wearing the hat in the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" thread, where I caught a bit of sunlight. The sunlit pic is probably the closest you'll find to the actual color. The one on the rail was taken in the shade of some trees :rolleyes: .

babs

A-List Customer
Maiden voyage today. Pretty good rain. Wearing it now actually hoping it will draw up a bit around the sweat. Still a tad loose. I get the impression they must be worn and weathered in to fit right. I sure hope so because though I'm a 59 (7 3/8) this hat is BIG! So this is very much a chocolate brown look in the rain but earlier in sunlight it almost had a bit of an olive tint. Many compliments and questions today at the family reunion.

61329_1628778038893_1219833759_1761393_2089668_n.jpg

61977_1628778198897_1219833759_1761394_8300247_n.jpg

61977_1628778238898_1219833759_1761395_1223333_n.jpg

babs

A-List Customer
I think I saw someone call it "mid brown"? Though I'm not seeing it on hatsdirect.. Maybe some other dealer might carry it in brown. It was my last ebay score. Read somewhere way back in here that it was a "special order" color, so I guess I stumbled on a fairly unique hat, even among Akubras. Cool! :)

Neophyte

Love that hat, Babs!

Apparently, you can only get MidBrown nowadays for the Camp Draft by special order (you know, the 3-month wait).

Bravo on the feather as well! I never thought to get a feather on a thin ribbon...I think you've inspired me to do the same with my green one lol!

By the way, how did you come about acquiring that beautiful red feather?

babs

A-List Customer
Thanks. I actually forgot I had the feather stuck in there.

It was actually a leftover from another hat I picked up that had a bunch in the ribbon so I thinned it out a bit. It's a black feather with a skinny red one in front and yellow-black "dotted" on the bottom. I thought it'd look cool in it.

When my Dobbs OR clone arrived, it had a feather, so I never thought that you couldn't do one in a skinny ribbon.

Wish I didn't lose all my links.. I think you can order all kinds of hat feathers from more than one place with ribbons, sweats, etc.

Neophyte

frussell said:
Looks pretty much like the Taupe Fawn I had recently, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm not so sure. My Taupe Fawn would look light beige in cloudy weather such as in that pic, but this one kinda looks like a light brown.

Oh, and thanks for the info, Babs. Now I gotta go find me a feather lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo