Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

babs

A-List Customer
I think BobC and a few others in here have a mid-brown. From the pics I'm seeing I'm betting this one be a brown instead of fawn. The fawn strikes me a lot lighter.. Beautiful colors all. Now I want one of each!! :)

If she draws in a little and forms up to my noggin, I'm sure this hat will be my go-to lid this winter. Just feels like a "warm" hat for sure also. A good one for us "follically challenged" or "headblade" users. :)

frussell

One Too Many
I stand corrected. Maybe.

You guys are probably right, although my taupe fawn looked exactly that color when wet, which is what babs' Campdraft appears to be in that photo. How about some dry photos when you wring it out, babs? I've seen mid-brown Campdrafts before, but sometimes I also think different vendors and eBay sellers give colors their own labels. Check out IndyCop's Taupe Fawn and his wife's Mid Brown Fed on p. 5 of the Akubra Overload thread for what I mean. Either way, that hat looks just right on you. I've got a new Silverbelly I'm "snugging up" right now, but we're not likely to get much rain this time of year in the desert, so I've got to use good old fashioned wet head, and some creative HatJacking. Frank

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Here's mid-brown in the sunlight (it looks darker when not in direct sunlight) -- seems to match up pretty well to Babs' CD...

AkubraRM3.jpg

BTW, Babs -- that CD looks killer on you. Very nice! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Neo -- congrats on the Bluegrass CD! I am relieved to hear that you are pleased with the fit (since the last 60 went my way :eek: ).

Enjoy!

Cheers,
JtL

Mr E Train

One Too Many
The Bluegrass Green CD looks great, Neophyte! I couldn't wait until Christmas for size 62 to come in, so I just dropped the hammer on a size 63. I'm a long oval and 62 Silverbelly has shrunk enough that it's a little snug front to back. Not enough to be uncomfortable by any means, but enough to justify moving up a size. Now I just hope that they still truly do have them in stock...:rolleyes:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Neo -- congrats on the Bluegrass CD! I am relieved to hear that you are pleased with the fit (since the last 60 went my way :eek: ).

Enjoy!

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks, Jimmy! No hard feelings lol :)rage: ). I actually think I may be what they call an Extra Long Oval, or maybe I just need a haircut lol.

Mr E Train said:
The Bluegrass Green CD looks great, Neophyte! I couldn't wait until Christmas for size 62 to come in, so I just dropped the hammer on a size 63. I'm a long oval and 62 Silverbelly has shrunk enough that it's a little snug front to back. Not enough to be uncomfortable by any means, but enough to justify moving up a size. Now I just hope that they still truly do have them in stock...

Thanks, and I know what you mean. I can't wait to see what you do with yours. I'm sure you'll really, really like the hat when it arrive :D.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Neo -- as you have observed, it is hard to capture the color of the Bluegrass CD. Here's how mine looks in partial sunlight...

BGCD-1.jpg

BGCD-2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
confused

First, I was really tempted by the silverbelly campdraft...then I saw that tawny fawn color and loved it more...but now, I think I want a goat. Or two.

Is goat collecting also addictive?

Bebop

Practically Family
cybergentleman said:
First, I was really tempted by the silverbelly campdraft...then I saw that tawny fawn color and loved it more...but now, I think I want a goat. Or two.

Is goat collecting also addictive?

Yes........especially for us kinky folks. ;)

babs

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Here's mid-brown in the sunlight (it looks darker when not in direct sunlight) -- seems to match up pretty well to Babs' CD...
AkubraRM3.jpg

BTW, Babs -- that CD looks killer on you. Very nice! :eusa_clap
Cheers,
JtL

Thanks JtL. Yep your pic confirms it.. Mine's a mid-brown. Few pics inside and out for color reference though I'm no great photographer and the sun is bright right now. 1st grand attempt at a sure-enough diamond bash after getting soaked yesterday. H2O is a must I think for working these hats. A little concerned though that this hat still fits a pretty large.

47127_1630095471828_1219833759_1764553_3408235_n.jpg

58480_1630095791836_1219833759_1764555_5591674_n.jpg

61924_1630096151845_1219833759_1764556_3823025_n.jpg

61924_1630096191846_1219833759_1764557_2034281_n.jpg

61924_1630096231847_1219833759_1764558_8221532_n.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
babs said:
Thanks JtL. Yep your pic confirms it.. Mine's a mid-brown. Few pics inside and out for color reference though I'm no great photographer and the sun is bright right now. 1st grand attempt at a sure-enough diamond bash after getting soaked yesterday. H2O is a must I think for working these hats.

babs, that's one fine looking Campdraft! I like your addition of the feather... something I usually don't care much for. I saw the photos from yesterday and forgot to comment. Looks swell on you!

Randy

babs

A-List Customer
Thanks.. Yeah the feather literally fell off the shelf when I picked up another hat and I thought 'hey that black and red might look cool with the brown.. what the heck and just stuck it in for a try'. So I guess it's a hit. I'll keep it. :) Kinda makes me think about German beer for some reason. LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran