Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hello Blackthorn! How're you doing Brother? Yessir, the CampDraft hat is tall and straight enough to take just about any crease and still stand tall and straight. I really like my Camp Draft hats, you will too!! I got mine from Hats Direct, very good experience with them. I've gotten 2 from Sam at Everything Australian, and again a very good buying experience. Get one and you'll get more!! Great hats! Take care Brother!!!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Hello Blackthorn! How're you doing Brother? Yessir, the CampDraft hat is tall and straight enough to take just about any crease and still stand tall and straight. I really like my Camp Draft hats, you will too!! I got mine from Hats Direct, very good experience with them. I've gotten 2 from Sam at Everything Australian, and again a very good buying experience. Get one and you'll get more!! Great hats! Take care Brother!!!
I'm doing great, Brother, thanks! Well, I plan to order one next week. I have to time it so I'm not traveling when the postman delivers the box. I haven't bought an Akubra in a long time, but it's time I rectified that. I think this is one of the few main varieties that I don't have, a Campdraft. I have 3 Stylemasters, a Fed IV, a Squatter, a Sydney, a Banjo Patterson, and a partridge in a pear tree. Keep preaching, Brother!

DOGMAN

One Too Many
After reading this thread,decided I would like a Campdraft Bluegrass Green.So I went To the Everything Australian web site.It was posted they were out of my size.Emailed Sam to ask if or when they would get some more.He quickly returned my email telling me he had received a few more in my size.Ordered 7/1/2013.That made my week.

DesertDan

One Too Many
You will love it. I have the FL Edition Campdraft and it has become my daily hat.
I really need another in Moonstone. :D

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars
Well, I finally picked up the Camp Draft in mid brown, and I Love it! Already my favourite lid! Fits great, a nice relaxed bash and great quality. My Banjo Patterson is feeling a little left out...

Orangegrad

Practically Family
The FL bluegrass green special edition came out during a time when I was away from the lounge, and I missed my opportunity to purchase one. But all those photos of that amazing color on a thin ribbon. And though the 2 5/8 brim is no longer available, Sam still has the standard brim in my size. So last night I ordered a Campdraft in bluegrass green, and it has already shipped. I would imagine by next week it should be in Cleveland.

g.durand

One Too Many
This Moonstone number came today. Bashed right out of the box. More pics later.

CD_zps6cf60865.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Rogera, Blackthorn, Orangegrad--I'm really impressed with it.

IMG_2773_zps4eeb51e6.jpg

IMG_2774_zpsb5f8cf2d.jpg

IMG_2776_zps3d82380d.jpg

I worked it into a diamond with just a slight amount of steam. But I could have left it creased the way I did it by hand when I opened the package. This is some thick yet pliable felt. It looks to be one tough hat, just what I was looking for. The Moonstone color changes with the light. Indoors it looks like a light steel gray. Outdoors in indirect light it becomes more blue-gray. I took a couple of shots in front of a gray background to show what I mean about the blue-gray effect.

IMG_2793_zps19beaf97.jpg

IMG_2794_zpsd58a3491.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy