Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

g.durand

One Too Many
MoK--it is impressive. But we are having some extremely warm weather since the weekend, which makes it a bit frustrating. I want to wear it but it will have to wait for cooler days.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MoK--it is impressive. But we are having some extremely warm weather since the weekend, which makes it a bit frustrating. I want to wear it but it will have to wait for cooler days.

I know the feeling about wanting to wear my felts and can't due to temperatures. It is constantly 95- 110 here in the summer. I just get to where I say "to heck with it" and wear my Campdraft anyway. A little sweat build character. Around here if I waited on cooler weather I would be able to wear felts from about the third week of December to the second week of February! :D

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's really sweet, G. I never thought about the versatility of that color before.
There was a time when almost nobody wore straw hats in America, regardless of the heat. Go for it!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
The only thing I don't like about the Campdraft is the snap/flanged brim. I wouldn't have a problem with it if my head was more round but my extra long oval makes the brim snap too much. A flat brim would snap enough on my head. Wish they made a Campdraft with a normal brim. I'd buy a few more.

g.durand

One Too Many
The only thing I don't like about the Campdraft is the snap/flanged brim. I wouldn't have a problem with it if my head was more round but my extra long oval makes the brim snap too much. A flat brim would snap enough on my head. Wish they made a Campdraft with a normal brim. I'd buy a few more.

I'm a pretty long oval, too, but the CD does not snap too much for me. In fact I was surprised at how little it snapped down in front, and it allows for some variation in how much snap you want to give it. You could have the brim re-flanged with less curl in the front. I can't say for sure that would work since every head and every hat is different, but it's a thought.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Rogera, Blackthorn, Orangegrad--I'm really impressed with it.

IMG_2773_zps4eeb51e6.jpg

IMG_2774_zpsb5f8cf2d.jpg

IMG_2776_zps3d82380d.jpg

I worked it into a diamond with just a slight amount of steam. But I could have left it creased the way I did it by hand when I opened the package. This is some thick yet pliable felt. It looks to be one tough hat, just what I was looking for. The Moonstone color changes with the light. Indoors it looks like a light steel gray. Outdoors in indirect light it becomes more blue-gray. I took a couple of shots in front of a gray background to show what I mean about the blue-gray effect.

IMG_2793_zps19beaf97.jpg

IMG_2794_zpsd58a3491.jpg

You're killing me. I have to stop watching this thread. Must resist...

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I have a bluegrass green Campdraft from Sam on its way - it's in customs right now. Plus I ordered a Heritage Fawn Fed IV Deluxe from Trudi that should arrive within ten days or so. Plus my brand new fed IV Deluxe in moonstone that's on my noggin as I write this. I think I'm done for a while.

carranty

One of the Regulars
I can definitely recommend the silverbelly, I have one and love it. Don't be fooled by the name though, it's really more of a beige/tan colour, very versatile.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hopefully, by the time my new Bluegrass Green CD arrives from EA, I'll have the obligitory 15 posts required to post pics. It'll be my first campdraft. I own the Adventurer from David Morgan and it is a fine hat. This thread is not helping my bank account at all.

Harper

New in Town
G.Durand mentioned getting the hat "reflanged". I think that I may want to do this. Is there anyone in particular that would be a good choice to have do that? Someone that wouldn't leave me hatless too long?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, If by Clearwater, you mean the little Kansas Town, then just drive to the West side of the river in Downtown Wichita and go to Hatman Jack's.

Later

wyiauta

New in Town
I hope this question hasn't been asked and answered already. Can someone explain the difference between the Campdraft and the Campdraft Deluxe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24