Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Does anyone else turn the brim of a Camp Draft down? On my BlueGrass it works better than the others for some reason. Not sure if it was flanged differently (seems to not be as deeply snapped) or it may have been how I have used it since receiving it. This one has been weathered a lot more than any other hat that I own, which is not surprising since it is worn frequently - particularly outdoors. The down-turned brim also gives better sun and rain protection for some situations.

The Silverbelly does not seem to work well this way at all - the brim just wants to be snapped as a fedora.

Does anyone else de-fedora their Camp Drafts by turning the brim back down?

Fed

Mine get a subtle up-turn of the rear brim, almost like a pencil-curl around the back edge....
cdsbprofile.jpg

IMG_20121207_150633_418.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
I tried turning my Bluegrass CD brim-down, but it just didn't look right on me. I'll be keeping my next one that's coming from EA in the traditional "LBJ" Open Road-style cattleman's crease with upturned brim. Can't ever seem to find a vintage OR in a 7 7/8. Frank.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Shhh - Someone will say that we cannot mention converted Campdrafts in the Campdaft thread. Let's just claim that it is a trick of the lens... :D

Seriously, I asked Sam at EA if this could be done there, but was advised that this was not possible. I had a supply of ribbon from various vendors and one of them looked good to my eye. It is simply a swirled ribbon and home-made bow tightly fitted over the existing band with the wind trolley still present. The whole assembly can be eased off of the hat with just a bit of trouble to leave the hat in original condition.

The ribbon and bow were adapted from several tutorials here.

Fed

skid lid

New in Town
Mine is stuck in Customs in Chicago. Ordered it last weekend thinking I would have to wait a while and it shipped Tuesday.
Me too! Chicago customs. Only I placed the order in early December. Hope they don't crease it, I want to have first go at it! Should be styling it by this time next week on the mean streets of Austin, Tex.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
My moonstone CD from Hatsdirect is still in the system, it shipped almost 5 weeks ago. They claim there is no tracking number, so I may be out of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy