Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Keep forgetting that I haven't posted a shot of mine that I got a few months ago, nothing special, this threads filled with loads of em. It's one of my fav lids tho.
Sf46cyf.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Feb. 3 to Feb. 10 delivery, my CD arrived from EA in a week.

Got a pic? My first Akubra (Silverbelly) from Sam at EA took abt 10days. Tracking it now. Will b here Thur/Fri. If its as nice as i hope, gonna order the same in Bluegrass Green on Mon. Heard the prices are down even more.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Just received my Bluegrass Green Campdraft and I have to say I may prefer the felt on this standard Imperial Quality to the felt on my Silverbelly in Heritage Felt. The felt seems less course and thinner, yet is still quite dense. Responds well to a dry crease, unlike my experience with the Heritage felt. Yes, the sweatband is not quite as nice in the Imperial Quality, but it is still quite nice. Love the color on this hat!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Roger, it really is. What a great hat for such a reasonable price. I have always loved Stetson and Resistols, but Akubra make really, really great hats at very affordable prices. No wonder they are so popular around here.

skid lid

New in Town
Got a pic? My first Akubra (Silverbelly) from Sam at EA took abt 10days. Tracking it now. Will b here Thur/Fri. If its as nice as i hope, gonna order the same in Bluegrass Green on Mon. Heard the prices are down even more.

No, but it's a fantastic color as so many on here say. The hat itself is quite impressive, too. (My first Akubra). I weenied out on shaping it myself, and as I'm travelling to Houston at the moment, I took it by The Hat Store on Richmond and Gary did a fine job of creasing it. I liked his teardrop crease so much that I bought a silverbelly Stetson Premier Stratoliner from him and had it creased the same way. I'm rich in beautiful hats!
Interestingly, the Akubra's brim snaps down quite a bit more than my other hats, although the Strat is trending in the same direction.

I'd love to hear from someone who owns both about the differences in shades of silverbelly between Akubra and Stetson. The Akubra silverbelly Camp Drafts appear more tan or brown in the online photos I've viewed, than does the Stetson version of that color.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
"I'd love to hear from someone who owns both about the differences in shades of silverbelly between Akubra and Stetson. The Akubra silverbelly Camp Drafts appear more tan or brown in the online photos I've viewed, than does the Stetson version of that color."

I think that you just answered your own question. In looking at my Campdraft and Roper, (both called "silverbelly") the Akubra version is basically a light tan and the Stetson version is more of what I would describe as bone - closer to white.

Tried to capture it in photos, but the light would not cooperate.

Fed

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Sam at EA sent me a pic of the Campdraft Imperial Silverbelly and it showed no tan/brown/fawn at all. Its OTW but has been in LA Customs for 6 days so far...

jkingrph

Practically Family
"I'd love to hear from someone who owns both about the differences in shades of silverbelly between Akubra and Stetson. The Akubra silverbelly Camp Drafts appear more tan or brown in the online photos I've viewed, than does the Stetson version of that color."

I think that you just answered your own question. In looking at my Campdraft and Roper, (both called "silverbelly") the Akubra version is basically a light tan and the Stetson version is more of what I would describe as bone - closer to white.

Tried to capture it in photos, but the light would not cooperate.

Fed

My two appear pinkish tan, at least more so than my Stetsons which exhibiting the same tones, are much lighter,

frussell

One Too Many
No, but it's a fantastic color as so many on here say. The hat itself is quite impressive, too. (My first Akubra). I weenied out on shaping it myself, and as I'm travelling to Houston at the moment, I took it by The Hat Store on Richmond and Gary did a fine job of creasing it. I liked his teardrop crease so much that I bought a silverbelly Stetson Premier Stratoliner from him and had it creased the same way. I'm rich in beautiful hats!
Interestingly, the Akubra's brim snaps down quite a bit more than my other hats, although the Strat is trending in the same direction.

I'd love to hear from someone who owns both about the differences in shades of silverbelly between Akubra and Stetson. The Akubra silverbelly Camp Drafts appear more tan or brown in the online photos I've viewed, than does the Stetson version of that color.

Boy I miss the Hat Store. I grew up about two blocks from that place, bought my first fedora and lots of cowboy hats from Gary. Great place, and he always steered me right when I wasn't sure which shape fit me best. Glad to hear they're still around. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy