Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered mine on the sixth as well and received an email saying, "Your order has shipped!" Then I got another email two days later saying there was a problem with my card, so I asked them to resubmit it yesterday. Now it appears to have gone through and, once again the order has shipped. As I opted for the 3-4 days shipping, I'm wondering when it'll show.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I ordered mine on the sixth as well and received an email saying, "Your order has shipped!" Then I got another email two days later saying there was a problem with my card, so I asked them to resubmit it yesterday. Now it appears to have gone through and, once again the order has shipped. As I opted for the 3-4 days shipping, I'm wondering when it'll show.

Mine took about a week including the customs delay.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine took about a week including the customs delay.
Me too. The hat will go from Australia to LAX practically overnight and sit there for 2-3 days to go through customs then enter the US postal system and take another couple of days to get to you.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Coming up on 6 weeks since my moonstone version was shipped from Hats Direct. Here is the reply I received from them last night:

"...Australia Post has said it won't launch an Investigation until 3 months has passed and the parcel is still undelivered.
They did stress however that there are major delays within the US postal services due to bad weather, and that even the so called express deliveries are backlogged..."

Guess it's unfortunate that I didn't take a moment to better understand their basic shipping option...it's Air Mail without any tracking/tracing capabilities. Now I know better for the next time.

jhoops01

One of the Regulars
My new BG!
6a21419028a248653a7bde0530194464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skid lid

New in Town
My two appear pinkish tan, at least more so than my Stetsons which exhibiting the same tones, are much lighter,
I always thought I knew what silverbelly was, being reasonably familiar with Stetsons, but a Borsalino I bought named that color is a light brown in my book. And the pics I see of Akubra's silverbelly look more like it than like a Stetson, so I'm a bit hesitant to order one but probably will, eventually.

Boy I miss the Hat Store. I grew up about two blocks from that place, bought my first fedora and lots of cowboy hats from Gary. Great place, and he always steered me right when I wasn't sure which shape fit me best. Glad to hear they're still around. Frank
He's doing well and the shop is reasonably busy but not too busy for me to drop in and get a hat worked into shape while talking to Gary or his assistants. My recent visit sold me my third hat from him in as many visits!

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Coming up on 6 weeks since my moonstone version was shipped from Hats Direct. Here is the reply I received from them last night:

"...Australia Post has said it won't launch an Investigation until 3 months has passed and the parcel is still undelivered.
They did stress however that there are major delays within the US postal services due to bad weather, and that even the so called express deliveries are backlogged..."

Guess it's unfortunate that I didn't take a moment to better understand their basic shipping option...it's Air Mail without any tracking/tracing capabilities. Now I know better for the next time.

How interesting that the USPS does not delay EA's hat shipments and EA only charges $26 while their process gives full tracking.

Fed

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Starting to get a little concerned myself. I've bought 4 CD's, a squatter, and 2 Fed IV's from HD. I have a moonstone CD I'm waiting for that hasn't arrived. It's right on the fringe of " don't contact us until" .

Hope it shows soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner