Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Got my silverbelly yesterday.

7a1093e1d62a1480ec62aca222067fb7.jpg

250884ec01d2a0dac5b70ea14f1e453d.jpg

Last edited:

javadave61

Practically Family
Hey everyone. I have a Bluegrass Green CD on its way (just landed in customs). I was wondering if any of you wear your BGCD with a cattleman 's crease. Does this work for any of you (with this color especially)? Am I wrong in seeming to observe that the cattleman's crease is found on far fewer Campdrafts than Open Roads?

Hey everyone. I have a Bluegrass Green CD on its way (just landed in customs). I was wondering if any of you wear your BGCD with a cattleman 's crease. Does this work for any of you (with this color especially)? Am I wrong in seeming to observe that the cattleman's crease is found on far fewer Campdrafts than Open Roads?

I've got 6 CD's, one in Alpine crease.
I've got 10 Stetson OR/OR-style & 3 in Alpine crease.
Your observation is accurate in my case...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Tried that with my Bluegrass Green CD abt 3 - 4 weeks ago and it didnt work for me. The sides of the crown were 2 stiff to get it looking like I wanted it to but go for it! Try dry bash first and then you'll maybe need lots of steam to finish. Just dont crease the bash sharply as you may get too many deep wrinkles in the felt. If it doesn't work out you can bring it back to open crown w some more steam and rebash if your creases aren't to tight or the wrinkles aren't to deep and it will still look good with the rebash. I opted for a telescope bash no pinches after trying the cattleman. Good luck.

Last edited:

javadave61

Practically Family
You did see that I said "Stetson", right?
I didn't count Resistol, Marathon, Pilgrim, Knox, & Dobbs clones...

Hello, my name is GTDean & I'm a TAR-oholic...appropriate for my 10,000 post

That helps me more than you can know. Now I don't feel so bad securing only my third open road styled hat.

ingineer

One Too Many
Harv;
love the silverbelly CD, can't wait for mine to arrive with a bluegrass too.
87 bucks can't beat it
and Texas Authorized Ribbon !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ