Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

RJR

Check the Hampton to see a photo of the Cedar Brown. Might possibly just a bit lighter than the "mid brown" of the RM Williams version, but that could just be my monitor settings or the lighting from when the photo was taken. Not a lot of difference to my eye.

Also, the brim of the RM Williams is only slightly flanged - not nearly as much as most CampDrafts. It will turn up enough for the fedora look, but looks better when turned down in the Aussie slouch manner. This is my favorite method because I want the neck protection from sun, it sheds water better and I prefer the look.

Fed
+1

And here 'tis!

df05f30a02230d67305c58907c1b6be5.jpg

For comparison, here's an Akubra "Fedora" in Burnt Oak. The colors are very close.

dafc5ea1b4c94b14336e34548213cc13.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

tommyK

One Too Many
IMG_6303_zpsmk6jdsil.jpg

Are they a different color? Slightly. The felt is equally stiff and responds poorly to reshaping on both. Don't recommend either. Bluegrass green and taupe fawn were the best felt quality. Could just be batch differences, the guy applying the stiffener had a bad day or something and I got lucky on the others.

IMG_6303_zpsmk6jdsil.jpg

Are they a different color? Slightly. The felt is equally stiff and responds poorly to reshaping on both. Don't recommend either. Bluegrass green and taupe fawn were the best felt quality. Could just be batch differences, the guy applying the stiffener had a bad day or something and I got lucky on the others.

So one of those is Taupe Fawn and one's Cedar Brown?

Which be which?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
IMG_6303_zpsmk6jdsil.jpg

Tommy , the RM doesn't have a taller crown does it ? Looks like its just the crease to me . Just the same Crown and dimensions as a reg. CD . Guessing the RM is on the left , and CB on the right . The Right looks darker .

Liking the Moonstone best Jack. You...?
I do really like the Moonstone. I love the color & I love the way my diamond crease came out. I love CD's & it doesn't bother me if they're not soft as "buttah". The comfort comes from the overall fit & the quality of the sweat. The Heritage Moonstone has the better grade of leather & it is also wider. I haven't measured it but it is definitely wider than the sweat in the older Mid Brown.

The Mid Brown was an early attempt with an open crown for me, & it got a teardrop. At some point I will probably redo the crease but haven't yet.

The Bluegrass Green got a C-crown. It's among my favorites because of the versatility of the color. I'm real happy with it as well.

I wish they offered a CD in Navy blue.

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
I do really like the Moonstone. I love the color & I love the way my diamond crease came out. I love CD's & it doesn't bother me if they're not soft as "buttah". The comfort comes from the overall fit & the quality of the sweat. The Heritage Moonstone has the better grade of leather & it is also wider. I haven't measured it but it is definitely wider than the sweat in the older Mid Brown.

The Mid Brown was an early attempt with an open crown for me, & it got a teardrop. At some point I will probably redo the crease but haven't yet.

The Bluegrass Green got a C-crown. It's among my favorites because of the versatility of the color. I'm real happy with it as well.

I wish they offered a CD in Navy blue.
CD in blue is a great idea. Loungers have previously banded together to place a bulk order for a non-standard Akubra. Perhaps we should try that for a navy blue CD?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko