Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra difficulties and Everything Australian

Wesne

One of the Regulars
I recall a post here not too long ago from someone who had some issues with the color not being right on his new Akubra, a Federation if I remember correctly. I just picked up a little bit of information that may be related and thought I'd share it here.

I ordered a Campdraft in mid-brown from Everything Australian way back in January. (Jimmy the Lid, it's all your fault for posting that Akubra "RM" and specifically your re-bash.) Got an order confirmation but never heard from them again. I expected a three-month wait (plus shipping time of three weeks or so) as advised on the site, but when June arrived and I still had not received anything I contacted Everything Australian to check on my order. I received the following reply in fairly short order (a couple of business days):

Thank you for your email.

I have called Akubra today to see what has happened to your hat.

Some of the hats that were made did not come out well.

Akubra then decided to remake them , your hat was in that group.

Normally I find out that this has happened and then I can contact my
customers.

Unfortunately this was not done.

They have informed me that your hat is now 2-3 weeks away.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

You will receive an email when your order is shipped.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I'm guessing (but could be wrong, of course) that they were having color issues. The timeframe would be about right for my hat to have been part of the same batch as the problem hat posted about here.

I appreciate the apparently candid response from Everything Australian, but I would also add that they need to work on better communication up-front. I ordered from them once before and was happy with the price and the time frame in which the hat was delivered, but their communication was lacking then as well. I received an automated order confirmation but no notice when the hat was shipped.

NonEntity

Suspended
Sounds like the communication gap is between Akubra and Everything Australian.

I suppose the good news is that Akubra is maintaining high quality standards and not sending out defective products despite strong demand.

I do empathize with your frustration--that's an awfully loing time to wait, and when you've looked forward to an arrival date, you want that hat!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wesne said:
(Jimmy the Lid, it's all your fault for posting that Akubra "RM" and specifically your re-bash.)

Oops! Sorry 'bout that! ;)

Wesne -- sorry to hear that you have to wait on your Campdraft, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Please post photos when it arrives! :)

Cheers,
JtL

Wesne

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
Oops! Sorry 'bout that! ;)

Wesne -- sorry to hear that you have to wait on your Campdraft, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Please post photos when it arrives! :)

Cheers,
JtL

I will be sure to do that.

Also, I don't want this to come off as a knock on either Akubra or Everything Australian. As NonEntity said, it's good to see that Akubra is taking quality control seriously, and while I do think Everything Australian can improve its communication a bit, I would order from them again without hesitation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo