Akubra discontinued hats

Discussion in 'Hats' started by riffraff, Jan 13, 2021.

1. riffraff

riffraff New in Town

Is there a master list of Akubra caps? Pretty sure I used to have one called a Weekender. I say pretty sure because I wore it for at least 5-10 years after the sweatband was "removed" by my dog. Always wanted to find another one but couldn't even find reference to it.

So, just wondering if there was a list of all the cap models produced?

2. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

That's a great idea. After seeing a picture I was looking for a Squatter in Carbon Gray, but no references.

3. riffraff

riffraff New in Town

David Morgan's site has a list of models -- not sure how old, though.
    http://www.akubra-usa.com/akubra-usa_style_guide.pdf

I'm looking for a field-use (no lining, like a Snowy River) version of a hat with minimal taper, preferably in blue. Basically I want the hat I have now, just new, lol!

4. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

I think that is just a list of what they sell. I know for a fact that the Federation , Federation Deluxe and Federation IV are still available, but now shown on that list.

5. riffraff

riffraff New in Town

I cut and pasted that link off his site today but have no idea how old it is.

Agree. The Fed IV is still available on his site despite not being on that list of hat models.

These days, it appears the only blue hats Akubra is making are the Avalon and Stylemaster. Bad news for me as I really want to get a replacement hat in that color but really don't care for the taper of the Avalon.

6. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

Uh, David Morgan never had the Federation line. It's always been exclusive to Hats Direct. For that matter, David Morgan never had close to all the Akubra models, just a subset. You should always look to the Australian dealer sites for a better idea of the current lineup.

And for info of discontinued models, maybe try contacting a longtime pro like Sam Mench at Everything Australian.

Timeras1 likes this.
  7. riffraff

riffraff New in Town

Chalk that up to looking at too many sites back to back re: the Fed IV! Thanks!