Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Fed IV or Christy's Adventurer, whats better?

Shirley Films

New in Town
Question...

Great forum. This is my first post.

Quick question. I ordered the Christy's Adventurer and love it. However, Is there supposed to be a "ring" on the brim (see photo)? It might be hard to see in the photo, but there is a color difference on the felt near the crown. I haven't noticed it in other photos...

I am not a "hat" person, per se. I don't know much about hats, just what I like (this is also my first attempt at a "bash"). Any help is much appreciated.

SF

hat.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
From where I sit, it looks like a mark left by the flange. I've seen many hats in photos with them, my first Federation had a mark that went away with wear. Welcome to the lounge, and the world of hats!

Randy

frussell

One Too Many
Tried brushing it?

If it's just the felt being rubbed the wrong way during storage or shipping, it should brush or rub out. If the felt is actually a different color, that's unacceptable. Have you tried to brush it out? Frank.

Shirley Films

New in Town
Seems discolored to me... almost like it's sun-faded differently. ? Not sure. But I will give it a good brush tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot