Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra hat boxes?

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Just wondering if any new Akubras come with hat boxes? My new Camp Draft is my first Akubra and did not come with a box. Just wondering.
Thanks,
Jed

Davidson

One of the Regulars
The Fed Deluxe came shipped in a typical sturdy white cardboard hat box.

The Campdraft and regular Fed they put together in a not-a-hat box, more like a regular shipping box, but with cheap flimsy brown cardboard. I pitched that box.

Next time I order from them (this was hatsdirect), i will ask for shipping in the sturdy white hatbox, and I will only order one hat at a time.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Davidson said:

The Campdraft and regular Fed they put together in a not-a-hat box, more like a regular shipping box, but with cheap flimsy brown cardboard. I pitched that box.

Next time I order from them (this was hatsdirect), i will ask for shipping in the sturdy white hatbox, and I will only order one hat at a time.

Hatboxes are important to me for storage. I would call them and have them send the appropriate boxes. Just a thought.

I bought an Akubra from a Lounge member that shipped it to me in the box it came from Hats Direct. This is a generic white box with hat specific insides. It did not survive this second shipping adventure to me....

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Old Akubra boxes (the actual oval ones) are very attractive and usually command a good price when they come up, which is pretty rarely, though I stopped watching for them awhile ago. As far as I know, all Akubras today ship in the white square generic hat shipper. Anyone have a different experience?

Priced on the net at $95:

akubra%20hat%20box%20web%20template.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I just got two Bogarts and they came in the white cardboard shipping boxes only. :(

Edited to state I bought them one at a time, a few weeks apart......

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always bought one hat at a time and received them in Akubra hat boxes. The ones from Hatsdirect are nicer than the ones from EA, and HD packs them nicer with a styrofoam ring about the base of the crown where it rests against the cardboard oval.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Davidson said:

Ah, yes! Hatdirect and some other vendors will do that to save shipping costs. You can ask them specifically to not do it if you're willing to pay the extra shipping. Some won't even charge you more, but I figure that's mostly because I volunteer before being asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo