Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Planter, anybody have one?

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
Hello all;
Would anyone have any photos and info on an Akubra Planter? Especially the crown height, and overall fit. I know the bound brim is about three inches. I'm looking for a good outdoor straw for the summer, one that would be very versatile for work and recreation. Any thoughts?
Thanks everyone!

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
Received it very quickly!

Placed my order (anyway) for an Akubra Planter based on all the responses I received following my inquiry here.
I ordered it from HatsDirect, and they had it in stock, shipped it directly, and it arrived in yesterday's mail.
This is truly a hat for all-around summer wear! Very stylish with a stiff, lower crown. The brim is roughly 3.1" (79mm) and bound. Somewhat like the Akubra Byron, but the brim turns upwards slightly and a thinner ribbon. The hat feels very light and is ventilated and very airy.
Complete with a leather sweatband with the Akubra markings inside. It will be a pleasure to wear.

HatsDirect is a great company to deal with, by the way.
Thanks for all the answers and info!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Consider posting photos of your new Akubra Planter here in this thread. Any info and photos that you share here will be a good resource for others down the road.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adkrabbe