Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Stylemaster

Wesne

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really am liking this hat so far - the look and the way it feels on my head. I think the gray may have been a little too formal for my wardrobe, but the fawn has a more casual air about it. It should go well with anything I wear as long as the weather is cool enough to justify at least a light jacket. I'm starting to think about a straw of some sort for summer, though. My last summer hat was an inexpensive "boonie" hat that was left behind at a mountain lake on the hottest day of the year, and by the time I realized I'd lost it I didn't feel like trekking back up to look for it. I hope someone with a big head found it and put it to use.

Mike in Seattle - the color really does split the difference between a tan and a chocolate brown. I would describe it as a light milk chocolate. The photo showing the underside of the brim is probably the best representation of the color, at least on my monitor. That photo shows it as a little more brown, while in the other pictures it seems to have a little more of a gray-green cast than it really does. Time from placing my order with Everything Australian to receiving the hat was just over three weeks. The price was good and the website has a nice order system with a currency converter, but I didn't like that it took them two weeks from the time of order to ship the hat without informing me that there would be such a delay. I would guess that they didn't have this particular hat in stock and had to order it from Akubra, resulting in the delay. A more popular style/size might have been in stock and shipped immediately. I received an automated confirmation soon after placing the order and then another automated shipping confirmation when the hat was sent out. Once it was sent it arrived in eight days.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Right - it took me awhile to get to the right site initially. It's NOT everythingaustralian.com which is in Arkansas - you want everythingaustralian.com.AU for the hats & such.

panama jack

One of the Regulars
I'm looking to purchase my next hat and I'm trying to decide between the Federation IV and Stylemaster in medium brown.
I already have a Stylemaster in medium grey and like the style. Does anyone have a picture of a Stylemaster in medium brown that they wouldn't mind sharing? I see many brown Federations here but can't seem to find a Stylemaster.

Thanks for your help.
pj

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
panama jack said:
I'm looking to purchase my next hat and I'm trying to decide between the Federation IV and Stylemaster in medium brown.
I already have a Stylemaster in medium grey and like the style. Does anyone have a picture of a Stylemaster in medium brown that they wouldn't mind sharing? I see many brown Federations here but can't seem to find a Stylemaster.

Thanks for your help.
pj

Could you share a picture of your Stylemaster in medium gray? I'm waiting on mine to be shipped.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Between a Stylemaster and a Fed IV there is a world of difference. A Stylemaster is a regular stylish Fedora. A Fed IV is a statement type of hat IMHO. For instance this is a statement type of hat:

imgp3350qd0.jpg

By dixonkinser, shot with PENTAX K100D Super at 2009-02-06
imgp3319xz6.jpg

By dixonkinser, shot with PENTAX K100D Super at 2009-02-06[/QUOTE]

jpbales

Practically Family
there are pics of a brown style master somewhere in the Akubra Overload thread. I would love to get one (i need a brown hat to complete my collection) and I've actually have been looking at the stylemaster, but there's no way I could justify getting anymore hats on my budget :eusa_doh:

nickn5

One of the Regulars
This is the Stylemaster in Acorn brown, my newest addition to the hat herd:

DSC00359.jpg

If you want any other angles let me know...

N. :)

citRon

A-List Customer
nickn5 said:
This is the Stylemaster in Acorn brown, my newest addition to the hat herd:

DSC00359.jpg

how about a straight on front shot?
If you want any other angles let me know...

how about a straight on front shot?

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Done...

DSC00371.jpg

It looks very similar (on top) to my Dorfman Pacific fur felt Indy hat, the same teardrop crease already in the hat on arrival. The brown is a bit lighter and paler. I may take some time to change this at some point.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
panama jack said:

Thanks for your help.
pj
If you run a search for my posts in the "Post New Hats" thread and in the "Akubra Overload" thread, you should come up with pictures of my mid-brown Stylemaster.

Edited: The pics are here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=686976&postcount=227

frussell

One Too Many
Stylemaster = What Vintage Hat?

Excuse my ignorance if this has been answered, but I was wondering which vintage (or modern) hat the Akubra Stylemaster most resembles. I know their Camp Draft is essentially the Open Road, but is the Stylemaster based on anything else? I've got one coming in Moonstone, so if anyone has some photos of their Moonstone Stylemaster, I'd love to see them. Thanks, Frank

Duper

Practically Family
Funny coincidence. I was just browsing ebay and there is well worn, not too pretty tan coloured 1950's Akubra Stylemaster listed.[huh]

Spats McGee

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
i may be wrong, but I recall seeing vintage ads for the akubra stylemaster, so I think it just a long running name in the Akubra line.
I think I've also seen those ads, so I don't think you're wrong here, RFF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112