Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra styles for Women

Dr Roly

New in Town
I'm going to treat my wife to an Akubra. She won't choose one for herslef, thinking that they don't suit her. She's briefly tried on my Cattleman (in fawn) and it really suited her.

Would you say there are any Akubra styles that are particularly suited to Women?

You may ask why I don't just get her to chose one? Things usually go as follows: I'll pick out an item of clothing I think will suit her and she'll insist that she doesn't like it. When I finally convince her to wear it, she ends up liking it!

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
If it wasn't for the fact that I have a small head and it doesn't fit either of them, I would definitely have lost my Akubra "Hampton" to either my wife or my sister-in-law by now. It's a very stingy brim by Akubra standards and suits both of them. Both have short hair (and are German ;) ) if that helps...

Nicole Kidman wore one is Australia but it was probably tweaked by the costumer...
Australia-Nicole-Hugh.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I seem to recall fellow Lounger Deelovely rocking an Akubra Leisure Time in Sand at one point.

Found in another thread:
Well... I have posted these pics in the past but will post again! My Leisure Time how it was originally... and then after it was modified! ;)

PB070014.jpg

PB160021.jpg

PB160017.jpg

Here's the original thread it came from.

Last edited:

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Here is a previous posted picture of the wife sporting her Akubra Down Under. I think it suits here well
SANY0958_zpsf668315d.jpg

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
One of my friends always likes to try on my hats when she's over. She looked really good in my Snowy River. So much so that I've been looking for one in her size for her birthday. There's a youtube video of a young lady showing her collection. Might want to check that out to see what she had to say about them. She had a ton of 'em!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nicole Kidman wore one is Australia but it was probably tweaked by the costumer...
Australia-Nicole-Hugh.jpg

Hmm.. that was custom made for her for the film and then later replicated by RM Williams and Akubra for general sale. Few people bought them and they disappeared. It looks a bit like a tweaked Squatter/Federation. I like it.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The Stockman works on women I've known. It's essentially a smaller version of the Snowy River. I actually think these hats look pretty camp on men but they work very well for women.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui