Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alcohol free hair products...

countrybumpkin

New in Town
Hello there ladies,
I have a highly problematic issue with my hair, after long term use of a brillant setting lotion basically pure alcohol though and a great hairspray, same issue. My hair is drying out, scalp itching, frizz is unavoidable and hair is starting to fall out, help is at great need! After conversation with my hairdresser she suggested it is the alcohol, but without my setting lotion and hairspray i cannot hold a decent hair do for more than a few hours... Anyone having/had the same issue or can suggest alternatives?

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
oh my dear!! hello sweetie!! :) well i would suggest permanently retiring those hair products of yours and go down the natural path, try making you own hair products, they work just as good if not better, i have recipes for hair gel, setting lotion, and hairspray if you want them just personal message me :) but hair should never fall out or dry, your hair is tell you its stressed out from all the toxic chemicals being put on it, to be honest you shouldn't even use shampoo, your hair was never meant to be exposed to all those chemicals that it has been exposed to. if you want any homemade hair product recipes or any other natural beauty recipes just personal message me, I'm always here to help! :)

Juliet

A-List Customer
Lottabody doesn't have a lot of alcohol in it, and it gives long-lasting curls. And let's not forget it's cheap, too. Linseed setting lotion is a natural alternative.

Also, you might want to consider other possible causes for your hair condition. I really would recommend a check-up with your doctor.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Lottabody doesn't have a lot of alcohol in it, and it gives long-lasting curls. And let's not forget it's cheap, too. Linseed setting lotion is a natural alternative.

Also, you might want to consider other possible causes for your hair condition. I really would recommend a check-up with your doctor.

I agree with juliet, you should go to your doctor because hair falling out could be a sign of something more complex, like a thyroid problem for example.

countrybumpkin

New in Town
Hello again thanks so much for your advice ladies!
Went to the docs yesterday and he said it was probably a mixture of things; agreed it could be alcohol in my hair products but we settled on the cause of stress which apparently triggers hormones during a hair growth phase making it drop out (roughly what he said anyhow). He stated I should use no high alcohol or sulfate hair products; lotta body sounds a good start, thanks for the sugesstion. Furthermore, it seems my body is signalling to me its need for a long awaited holiday i guess, cant be a bad thing I spose.

Thankyou for the offer of homemade hair products recipe therizyflapper but I travel long distances alot for work and it may be a little inconveinient for that which is a shame because I like the sound of comprising products sounds a very authentic practice may have to try it when have little more time on my hands. Have been reading the no poo thread and looks great, anyone tried any good no poo/sulfate/alcohol comercial products?

lframe

One of the Regulars
Hello there ladies,
I have a highly problematic issue with my hair, after long term use of a brillant setting lotion basically pure alcohol though and a great hairspray, same issue. My hair is drying out, scalp itching, frizz is unavoidable and hair is starting to fall out, help is at great need! After conversation with my hairdresser she suggested it is the alcohol, but without my setting lotion and hairspray i cannot hold a decent hair do for more than a few hours... Anyone having/had the same issue or can suggest alternatives?

If you're still having problems in a few weeks or so, see a dermatologist. Sometimes, you can a scalp issue/infection other doctors can't diagnose.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Hello again thanks so much for your advice ladies!
Went to the docs yesterday and he said it was probably a mixture of things; agreed it could be alcohol in my hair products but we settled on the cause of stress which apparently triggers hormones during a hair growth phase making it drop out (roughly what he said anyhow). He stated I should use no high alcohol or sulfate hair products; lotta body sounds a good start, thanks for the sugesstion. Furthermore, it seems my body is signalling to me its need for a long awaited holiday i guess, cant be a bad thing I spose.

Thankyou for the offer of homemade hair products recipe therizyflapper but I travel long distances alot for work and it may be a little inconveinient for that which is a shame because I like the sound of comprising products sounds a very authentic practice may have to try it when have little more time on my hands. Have been reading the no poo thread and looks great, anyone tried any good no poo/sulfate/alcohol comercial products?
i sugest switching to the 'no -poo' cleansing method :) your hair will be healthy before you know it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails