Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alcoholic Confectionery - The Tipsy Treat

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
The Jack Daniels Fudge,
The Glenfiddich Fruit Cake,
The Galliano Chocolates

I've usually rather disappointed by these sweet treats, mostly that the goodies rarely taste likely the drink they claim to be. Cocktail chocolates are sometimes the worst.

That said I do like Champagne Truffles and Mrs. B. is rather fond of Edradour Scotch Fudge.

Has anyone else had some positive experiences with these candies. Perhaps someone can restore my faith before Christmas.

Mrs Bentley

New in Town
Ethan Bentley said:
That said I do like Champagne Truffles and Mrs. B. is rather fond of Edradour Scotch Fudge.

Oh, that fudge is wonderful! I am particularly fond of the 10 year old Edradour by itself, but integrated so well into confectionery makes it a bit of a weakness for me.

I think at least a part of my fondness for it is due to my general dislike of alcoholic sweets, though - I was very surprised when it turned out to be tasty and consider it something of a gem (in my experience, most - particularly chocolates - tend to have too little of the taste of the alcohol in them and too much sugar).

The Amaretto cherry fudge that cptjeff mentioned and Glayva chocolate truffle fudge, which I've just discovered, are likely to be added to my list this Christmas!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I'll be happy to taste test and review any items sent my way. ;)

The Jamaican rum cakes I've had have been lusciously rummy. Other than that, I'm partial to a secret recipe for Clarissa's Wicked Scruffy Truffles, that contain rum, or Drambuie, or creme de cacao, or any other suitable liquid that's available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo