Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden for BB unlined shell cordovan pennies, 12D

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Alden for Brooks Brothers unlined penny loafers in Horween #8 shell cordovan. I got these on Ebay a few weeks ago, and had them recrafted by B. Nelson. Nick and his crew did a great job, but the fit on these isn't as good as I would like and that's why I'm letting them go.

I had them recrafted with Joh. Rendenbach soles, which are better than the standard Alden soles and generally recognized as some of the best quality soles in the world. I also had B. Nelson leave the sole and heel edges in a natural color, which I think looks better than the standard black with this color shell. You won't find a pair of LHS in this color combo, apart from an Alden special order. And with the recraft, these are in practically new condition.

The tagged size on these is 11D. Standard wisdom for this shoe on the Van last is that it fits about half a size large. I would say these have been stretched out and fit 3/4 to a full size large, so I'm calling them a 12D. Measurements are as follows:
Inside length: 11 5/8"
Inside width: about 4"
Outside sole length: 12 1/2"
Outside sole width: 4 3/8"

These retail for $600 new. I'm asking $350 shipped CONUS for this pair. Paypal personal, please. That's about what I have in them, between what I originally paid and the recrafting cost. Now $325.

PM me with any questions.

DSCF6140.jpg
DSCF6141.jpg
DSCF6145.jpg
DSCF6146.jpg
DSCF6147.jpg
DSCF6149.jpg

Part of the Horween logo on the inside of the shell
DSCF6150.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members