Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leather Steerhide Cafe Jacket - Fit advice

SPUdMurphy

New in Town
Hi all,

Ive owned this jacket for about 2 or 3 years now, and I typically only wear it on my bike., cause im not sure the fit is good for casual wear out and about.

I feel like the overall fit is great, aside from feeling that the length feels a little short. All my shirts hang out underneath, and I wonder if that is a flaw of the shirts I own, or the jacket. lol

20240529_171045_resized.jpg
20240529_171057_resized.jpg
20240529_171125_resized.jpg
20240529_171245_resized.jpg
20240529_171558_resized.jpg

Perhaps someone has some suggestions for how to style it to make it work better for casual use rather than just motorcycling.

Cheers,

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
I think the length of the jacket is pretty good. Just hits the bottom portion of the belt loops - but end of the day it's a preference thing.

Just gonna have to tuck in the shirt or wear shirts with a similar length.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
So it can't be because of the jacket that you don't like wearing it in everyday life. I think everything fits. Maybe you just find it inappropriate without a motorbike or you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.
I also wear everything open and hanging out at the bottom. However, my shirts are all correspondingly short. I often only tuck the front part behind the belt buckle.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hi all,

Ive owned this jacket for about 2 or 3 years now, and I typically only wear it on my bike., cause im not sure the fit is good for casual wear out and about.

I feel like the overall fit is great, aside from feeling that the length feels a little short. All my shirts hang out underneath, and I wonder if that is a flaw of the shirts I own, or the jacket. lol

View attachment 617520 View attachment 617521 View attachment 617522 View attachment 617523 View attachment 617524

Perhaps someone has some suggestions for how to style it to make it work better for casual use rather than just motorcycling.

Cheers,
Length is spot on, should not be any longer. Just rock it with shirts being longer, it‘s not a formal coat. I wouldnt tuck in my shirts. In fact I wouldnt give it any other thought at all and just rock it in whatever way, a little bit of forced carelessness goes well with a CR.

SPUdMurphy

New in Town
So it can't be because of the jacket that you don't like wearing it in everyday life. I think everything fits. Maybe you just find it inappropriate without a motorbike or you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.
I also wear everything open and hanging out at the bottom. However, my shirts are all correspondingly short. I often only tuck the front part behind the belt buckle.
When I bought it, it was basically brand new. It didn't have a single crease, it was exceptionally stiff, and it weighs a ton. Honestly, it just wasn't very comfortable to begin with. Now that it is finally starting to ease up, soften a bit, it feels better to wear it casually. I guess I just am not familiar enough with wearing this style of jacket casually, so I kinda felt like it might be too short for the rest of my style? That is the main reason I am buying a leather bomber that has a little more length.

Length is spot on, should not be any longer. Just rock it with shirts being longer, it‘s not a formal coat. I wouldnt tuck in my shirts. In fact I wouldnt give it any other thought at all and just rock it in whatever way, a little bit of forced carelessness goes well with a CR.
Ok, appreciate the reply. I just typically wear a lot of Dixxon flannels, and they run pretty long. Ill style the jacket with shorter T's and shirts to see how that feels.

Cheers,

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I just typically wear a lot of Dixxon flannels, and they run pretty long.
Just have them made a little shorter by a tailor. I did that with old shirts. I order new ones in short.

I guess I just am not familiar enough with wearing this style of jacket casually, so I kinda felt like it might be too short for the rest of my style?
I don't think so and I think you can wear it without worrying. At least for my taste ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom