Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Seal Brown Goat vs Seal brown jerky horse

schitzo

Suspended
I agree I would love a Detroit in the Kudu.

pondering it now I can't think of another leather that combines these two qualities - heft and malleability - in the same way. Can you? I've never experienced it, but possibly deer?

simonc

Practically Family
Yeah Shitzo, I was gutted Ken removed it from Aero, although I am sure what I have coming down the pipe is gonna be awesome. However I would be interested to know how Will is managing to work with Kudu successfully when Aero couldn't get to grips with its heft. Denny said to me it was really jamming the sewing machines due to its thickness. But yes I am going to pursue this hide and the Detroit is the only jacket they do which tickles my fancy. I'm getting some samples sent down.

no problemo Silverpoint i've had far worse. Just the other day in fact sb (inadvertently I think) addressed me as shitzo
Hmm. If you mean this SB, not intentionally, and not that I could find. However, many others have... I imagine that it's easy to do.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-Seal-brown-jerky-horse&p=1636452#post1636452
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...eepers.-Is-this-correct&p=1564452#post1564452
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...cket-to-a-winter-jacket&p=1607538#post1607538
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...rsehide-horsebutt-belts&p=1635209#post1635209

schitzo

Suspended

schitzo

Suspended
Yeah Shitzo, I was gutted Ken removed it from Aero, although I am sure what I have coming down the pipe is gonna be awesome. However I would be interested to know how Will is managing to work with Kudu successfully when Aero couldn't get to grips with its heft. Denny said to me it was really jamming the sewing machines due to its thickness. But yes I am going to pursue this hide and the Detroit is the only jacket they do which tickles my fancy. I'm getting some samples sent down.

If I remember right, I think it has to be a short jacket for that hide, as in the longer ones aren't a possibility. I dunno what the exact oz is but my dakota weighs 3.7kg which is a lot heavier than the 29.5" long FQHH hercules I had. And yet with it on it's completely comfortable

Last edited:

simonc

Practically Family
If I remember right, I think it has to be a short jacket for that hide, as in the longer ones aren't a possibility. I dunno what the exact oz is but my dakota weighs 3.7kg which is a lot heavier than the 29.5" long FQHH hercules I had. And yet with it on it's completely comfortable
No Schitzo, its not the jacket size, its the thickness of the Kudu hide, it slips in the machines and jams and generally gives the machinists at aero mega grief - so they cut it from their leathers. Thing is I'm curious and impressed that Will has picked up this hide and listed it as a standard leather.

schitzo

Suspended
No Schitzo, its not the jacket size, its the thickness of the Kudu hide, it slips in the machines and jams and generally gives the machinists at aero mega grief - so they cut it from their leathers. Thing is I'm curious and impressed that Will has picked up this hide and listed it as a standard leather.

No man, I'm saying (possibly incorrectly) that the size of the kudu hides doesn't allow for jackets with big panels, in the same way that goat hides don't either. No matter, the jacket you mentioned is a short one (i know the one you mean I've just forgotten its name) so that'd probably be alright. Unless you're really really tall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran