Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All-leather brown Oxford shoes by City Craft?

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
English-made shoes, retailed by "City Craft" of whom I have never heard. However, they appear to be nicely finished, with channelled soles, all leather heels, etc.

Picture394.jpg

Picture388.jpg

Picture391.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
8 1/2 UK - about an "F" width fitting - it is marked as "6", which is a width convention that, as far as I know, only Tricker's use amongst English makers these days. I was a bit nonplussed when they arrived, as I didn't think I was getting vintage! They are very handsome, I'm just a bit reluctant to use them, they are so pristine...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
WOW, those are nice.

Given the color, if it weren't for the cap toe, they'd work well for US Army officer's low quarters.

...then again, a lot of guys fudged the regs all over the place back then. There's a shot of Jack Ilfrey wearing monk strap shoes with his Class A uniform.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Sarp Shoes

Anthony Jordan said:
English-made shoes, retailed by "City Craft" of whom I have never heard. However, they appear to be nicely finished, with channelled soles, all leather heels, etc.

Picture394.jpg

Picture388.jpg

Picture391.jpg

Those are similar to a beautiful pair of black ones I bought not long ago from a guy in NYC. They have leather so good it now has a mirror shine like those you see on the mapvintage site. The slightly spade sole is also a good look. Where did you get 'em?

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
I bought them at online auction; I was actually looking for an ordinary pair of good quality brown Oxfords to add to my rotation and was slightly nonplussed to get what looks like vintage deadstock/unworn - had I seen a picture of the inside I might have guessed!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Like eBay or a different auction:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: - they were obviously not listed in the vintage shoes section - a real find congrats!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Yes, that's right, on eBay but just listed amongst the regular shoes. I'm currently treating them with some neutral dubbin to ensure that they are nice and supple before I try and wear them.

These are another pair, this time by Barratt's of Northampton:
http://uk.geocities.com/anthony_hugh_jordan/vintage_oxford_shoes.html

The interesting thing I find is that with vintage shoes, even makes which were probably fairly inexpensive in their day offer the sort of styling that you need to pay quite a lot of money to obtain today.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Shoes

Yes my ones are a deadstock replica of those....you are right about the styles when compared to the awful stuff you see in the shops for the big dosh..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80