Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got quite a dumb question but I am in the market for an irving and i have to ask about 3 things.

1. is it comfortable?
2. Should I size up?
3.when you leave it half/three quartered zip and the leather flap hangs out, is it annoying to walk? Does it bounce on and off your chest or is it fastened and secure?

thanks
1. yes
2. No. The jacket has underarm gussets and is therefore easy to move around in, even if it's not too big. I would even say that it is more comfortable when it fits well, because there is no more material to carry around than there already is.
3. That is a subjective feeling. It doesn't bother me. It's not attached, but still doesn't flap around like a dog's tail.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
1. yes
2. No. The jacket has underarm gussets and is therefore easy to move around in, even if it's not too big. I would even say that it is more comfortable when it fits well, because there is no more material to carry around than there already is.
3. That is a subjective feeling. It doesn't bother me. It's not attached, but still doesn't flap around like a dog's tail.
Awesome, thanks for your time

Caber

One of the Regulars
I've got quite a dumb question but I am in the market for an irving and i have to ask about 3 things.

1. is it comfortable?
2. Should I size up?
3.when you leave it half/three quartered zip and the leather flap hangs out, is it annoying to walk? Does it bounce on and off your chest or is it fastened and secure?

thanks
1.Yes Very!
2.I do not think I sized up and it fits perfectly ( jacket is from aero. Not sure how other brands do their sizes )
3. I Don't even notice my flap. I think the way its made/creased/ folded keeps it from bouncing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner