Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"All The King's Men" another retro film

aliciatapp

New in Town
Broderick Crawford was amazing in the original-- Did he win an Oscar??

Another movie they should remake is A FACE IN THe CROWD -- The original with Andy Griffith was outstanding-- an award winning performance.

Alicia
http;//www.AliciatappDesigns.com

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Toronto Film Festival Pans Film

Looks like another stinker here :eusa_doh: (Move over & make room Black Dahlai)!!!

Early citics buzz is WHY are they remaking a film that won Oscar for Best Picture [huh] supposed to be many POOR peformances from major actors in this remake.

SC

PS Yes I believe Broderick Crawford DID win an oscar for All The Kings Men.
Crawford may be rememberd by older Boomers here @ the Fl for his role in the early 1950's television show. Highway Patrol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Solid Citizen said:
Looks like another stinker here :eusa_doh: (Move over & make room Black Dahlai)!!!

Early citics buzz is WHY are they remaking a film that won Oscar for Best Picture [huh] supposed to be many POOR peformances from major actors in this remake.

SC

PS Yes I believe Broderick Crawford DID win an oscar for All The Kings Men.
Crawford may be rememberd by older Boomers here @ the Fl for his role in the early 1950's television show. Highway Patrol
That's such a shame. I've been looking forward to all of the retro inspired films coming out this season, yet from what I've heard here and other places, they all seem to be flops. Such a disappointment:(

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I saw this last week. It's quite bad. The book as I remember it has been mashed up terribly here, and there is a big shift in setting that I don't recall (though I read it years ago) from the 30s to the 50s. Perhaps the producers got a deal on car rentals from the later period, I don't know. Performances are either just awful or just passable. Throughout I was wondering if Sean Penn has suffered some massive head injury or brain damage. His style has always been mannered but increasingly those mannerisms tend toward slurred speech and awkward, jerky movements of the body that favour one side. Maybe he just hasn't shaken the white bear of his character in I Am Sam.

This is worse than Black Dahlia if only because everyone here seems so sincerely convinced of their importance and of the importance of the project. Importance is all well and good, but there is also something to be said for competence.

This was just one of over thrity movies I've seen in the last two weeks. I don't think I'll ever have to see another movie again.

up196

A-List Customer
jake_fink said:
. . . there is a big shift in setting that I don't recall (though I read it years ago) from the 30s to the 50s. Perhaps the producers got a deal on car rentals from the later period, I don't know.
Well, here's a '31 they rented twice and didn't use either time. Too bad, it came with a vintage driver and all!

mvc009s7za.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy