Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All-Weather Hats

jpbales

Practically Family
A few days ago (maybe it was last week) there was a thread that started about pictures of hats that have made it through inclement weather, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere! I searched with google, and went through the past few pages of threads here with no success, so maybe it was deleted. I thought it was a good idea and I would like to resurrect it! If it was deleted for a reason, and there's some reason why this thread should be deleted, that's OK too! Or if it's still out there and someone can find it, that's even better. Anyway, here's mine:

On my way home from school, I was hit with some sudden showers (the weather here in Georgia is very fickle!). My best hat, and my only vintage, isn't my choice as my rain hat (especially with a Fed IV sitting at home), but I didn't have any worries about it! This is my Bond Executive still going on strong after some gusty winds and pouring rains (if only I had a coat that could do so well!):
DSC012462.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Good show jp!

I got caught in a gully washer once in my favorite old Open Road. Once it dried it was actually better than before. The felt sort of set itself a little and a too-soft spot on one side of the cattleman's crease held firm after that.

Others I was walking with during that downpour couldn't see due to rain running down their faces. Not me, I led the way.

:D

jpbales

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Good show jp!
Others I was walking with during that downpour couldn't see due to rain running down their faces. Not me, I led the way.

:D

haha awesome! Hat's are just great for the rain

jpbales

Practically Family
nickn5 said:
Photos of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements is the one you were after I think? :)

Looks like your hat did a great job there. It's always the wind that worries me more than the rain when in my hats... :eek:

N. :)

yeah, that's the one alright. I don't know why but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Yeah, the wind gets me stressed out sometimes. I have a funny story about one time my Fed IV flew off my head lol

Well, I was going into an apartment building, and I was carrying a 3-ring binder in my hands, and it was a little windy out. There was a couple of people coming out, and it was at that precise moment that they were coming out and I was standing in front of the door that the wind picked up and flew my hat off my head. My natural reflexes made me drop the books, and reach for the hat (which I missed). The funny part is that in the process of me dropping the books they sort of flew right at the people coming out the door- surprising the heck out of them lol So I grabbed my hat first (fortunately, it landed in some bushes and didn't go too far) then I collected my books and had a laugh about it :D It was embarassing at the time, but pretty funny too!

nickn5

One of the Regulars
jpbales said:
Well, I was going into an apartment building, and I was carrying a 3-ring binder in my hands, and it was a little windy out. There was a couple of people coming out, and it was at that precise moment that they were coming out and I was standing in front of the door that the wind picked up and flew my hat off my head. My natural reflexes made me drop the books, and reach for the hat (which I missed). The funny part is that in the process of me dropping the books they sort of flew right at the people coming out the door- surprising the heck out of them lol So I grabbed my hat first (fortunately, it landed in some bushes and didn't go too far) then I collected my books and had a laugh about it :D It was embarassing at the time, but pretty funny too!

Hehe, that's pretty funny indeed :) I think I'd have done the same, especially as most of my hats cost a lot more than any binders or books... lol

N.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24