Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds' Broadstreet's return!

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Yes and no :D

I know that duty and tax is addition to total expense, but I didn't know that exporting stuff from US there would be additional fees for US and then again to EU/Finland. Everyting else I have bought from US I've paid only taxes to here. If you byu shoes from Allen store have to pay additional fees as much as 100+ dollars? Some states have their own sales tax but that much? It should be illegal to advertise prices without taxes :D Here all ad's have prices with tax so there wouldn't be any hassle.

Sorry, bit off topic

LoveMyHats2 that would be nice, but I can't ask that much from anybody.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well I am going to break down and order a pair of these while they still offer them.....as I did not see any pink or silver or polka dots in the line up, I am safe to make a color selection of something more modest and appropriate to wear with brown trousers and suits/sport coats. As I only have a few brown and white oriented spectators, a new pair of AE just might be what the "clothing doctor" prescribed! Lol! It would be nice if one color offered was "butterscotch", but they don't. Football brown and white will work rather nicely......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes and no :D

I know that duty and tax is addition to total expense, but I didn't know that exporting stuff from US there would be additional fees for US and then again to EU/Finland. Everyting else I have bought from US I've paid only taxes to here. If you byu shoes from Allen store have to pay additional fees as much as 100+ dollars? Some states have their own sales tax but that much? It should be illegal to advertise prices without taxes :D Here all ad's have prices with tax so there wouldn't be any hassle.

Sorry, bit off topic

LoveMyHats2 that would be nice, but I can't ask that much from anybody.

You may want to ask if they could at least make a custom pair order for you, if that is what you are looking for? Tell them all us fellows in the US would love them for doing the favor for you....and that we do buy their products! I wish you all the best.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
On a side note to the A.E. Custom shoe sale, take a peek at some of their non shoe products on sale, vests, shirts, etc. I am very impressed and I am sure more than not, the items they are selling are not "low end" goods.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Nailed him!!!!

Interesting choice of words. I am "nailed"? I would hope that being a bit sceptical is not a bad thing. In 2013 it is a good thing to look further when one sees a pair of $200 US made goodyear welted shoes. Corners were cut somewhere, glad to see it is not on construction.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Well, since the subject is shoemaking......[huh]

Was the subject "shoemaking"? I thought it was about AE Broadstreet's reintroduction and AE's newest sale. I noted the fact that a US made goodyear welted shoe for $200 is very low. I asked about the construction and the gentleman did the research and showed they are, indeed goodyear welted. Bravo and Thanks to him. So, I am "nailed"? Not really what I thought the tenor of this site was.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well I am going to break down and order a pair of these while they still offer them.....as I did not see any pink or silver or polka dots in the line up, I am safe to make a color selection of something more modest and appropriate to wear with brown trousers and suits/sport coats. As I only have a few brown and white oriented spectators, a new pair of AE just might be what the "clothing doctor" prescribed! Lol! It would be nice if one color offered was "butterscotch", but they don't. Football brown and white will work rather nicely......

FYI the football brown has the same grain pattern as an actual American football. In other word it is not smooth & has A LOT of ppebeling!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
FYI the football brown has the same grain pattern as an actual American football. In other word it is not smooth & has A LOT of ppebeling!

corrected grain leather, so pebbling is necessary unless one likes deep creases. Not a bad thing in this case, as pebble grain CG is quite stain resistant (as well as water).

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Yeah, one usually doesn't see mockery and derision directed at others choices.

13teamshoe_footer.jpg

I NEVER mocked ANYONE's choices. I DID mock AE for offering an array of choices that had some TERRIBLE options in there.

The orange and black ones??? They don't deserve to be made fun of?

silver and "cardinal" (I learned something about dark red!)? Seriously?

Some of the others are fine, and a few even actually give off a "Vintage-Style flair" (which I thought was the theme with this site).

I DID question the construction of the shoes. For $199 for a MTO shoe, one SHOULD have questions. BW was kind enough to answer the construction question, and for $199 I called them a Good Deal.

Maybe you are a bit sensitive?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I am just glad for the colors. For those who wish to get and can pull off the colors. I come from an art background and so color doesn't bother me. When in highschool I wore DB suits and bow ties while others wore the same coat over and over everyday. My problem is that my wife is a conservative dresser and while I would love a pair of spec's I am taking it slow getting a pair as she really watches what I wear. My daughter has my sense of style and she just get's why I like such things.
Last week when she went out to eat with us she wore these Dr. Martins.:)
11821016.png

I loved them my wife did not. If one doesn't like something that's fine. No everyone has the same background and taste.
I say thank goodness.:D

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I am just glad for the colors. For those who wish to get and can pull off the colors. I come from an art background and so color doesn't bother me. When in highschool I wore DB suits and bow ties while others wore the same coat over and over everyday. My problem is that my wife is a conservative dresser and while I would love a pair of spec's I am taking it slow getting a pair as she really watches what I wear. My daughter has my sense of style and she just get's why I like such things.
Last week when she went out to eat with us she wore these Dr. Martins.:)
11821016.png

I loved them my wife did not. If one doesn't like something that's fine. No everyone has the same background and taste.
I say thank goodness.:D

When it comes to daughters' fashion choices, I just "go with the flow". Her boots are pretty cool though, IMO.

Foxer55

A-List Customer
My question is: how do you polish spectator shoes without ruining them? My guess is you put masking tape or something over the light color and then put the polish on. Gotta be careful when you brush though even between polishings as the brush will carry the dark color over onto the light color.

Lgrant

New in Town
Regarding goofy colors, AE has been offering shoes in the "webgems" department in all sorts of goofy styles and colors, and that's a good thing:

- Some of the shoes are in seasonal colors, like orange and black for Halloween, or red and green for Christmas. Now, I don't have the free disposable income to buy a $300+ shoe that I am going to wear one day a year, but some folks do, and more power to them. It *would* be kind of cool to have a really good shoe you could wear with your holiday season. And I'm sure the rabid sports fans would love having a good shoe in their team colors. HANNSpree makes an LCD TV that looks like a basketball: http://www.amazon.com/Hannspree-ST2...&qid=1360780701&sr=8-1&keywords=basketball+tv . So why not a shoe in team colors?

- It may not look goofy on everyone. Several years ago, my girlfriend used to sell costuming for bellydancers at various bellydance events. She would import hip scarves, and fringe skirts, and harem pants, and that sort of thing from India, Egypt, and Turkey. In spite of the colors she ordered, what arrived in the mail was always sort of a grab bag, with whatever colors the vendor chose to include. Some of the colors were hideous, like toxic-waste green, and I was sure that nobody would buy them. Then we would go to an event, and some dancer would not only buy the thing, but would look gorgeous wearing it. So now I am not so quick to put down styles that don't make any sense to me.

- It helps keep Allen Edmonds, which not only makes nice shoes but is also located in the US, in business, an important consideration in today's economy, when even some of the formerly best shoe makers are reducing quality and manufacturing overseas. If people buy the shoes I think are goofy, and that keeps AE in business so that I can buy the shoes I think are nice, that is a wonderful thing for all.

BTW, I think the idea of making the shoes to order is a masterful idea, because they can come up with an edgy shoe, and if nobody likes it, all it has cost them is the design and making of one pair; they don't end up with a huge inventory to liquidate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana