Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds:How many??

Allen Edmonds:How many?

Votes: 10 17.9%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• more than 5 pair

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

moustache

Practically Family
New

I have received my newest pair of Allen Edmonds:The Sanford.Another ebay buy,i now have 4 pair of AE's.These shined up rather nicely after a wee bit of polish and brushing.

JD

AES31-small.jpg

AES11-small.jpg

This is habit that can be difficult to break.Why do i really want more shoes??
A few pair are enough.Is it because we see a good deal on a pair and reason that it never hurts to have another??That when we see $30 for a pair that normally retail for over $300,it makes us cry?

Hmmmmm.

JD

jml90

One of the Regulars
resortes805 said:
There was no way I was outbidding a certain tailor (or his brother) on these vintage bad boys.
0680_1.JPG
Are those vintage Stacy Adams? If so, how can you tell?

Johnnysan

One Too Many
AE Corporate Casuals...

This may be a wee bit :eek:fftopic:, but I just purchased a pair of Allen-Edmond's "Corporate Casuals" in a local antique store. They show virtually no sign of wear and are the most gorgeous chestnut color I've ever seen!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Can any of the resident afficianados tell me anything about this line...most importantly, can the vibram soles be replaced if and when the time comes? Thanks guys!

jml90

One of the Regulars
YEs the soles of all, but the Italian line can be resoled at the factory or otherwise. They look to be Chili colored. Does it say "Corporate Casual" inside of it?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I don't have any myself, but I'm keeping my ear to the ground...I can't justify three digits on a pair of shoes. If I had the budget for it, sure.

I like some of the cap-toes I've seen here.

Resortes, how old are those Stacy Adams? Anyone know when SA went from producing shoes like those to producing the cheap, mostly garish stuff they make now?

Johnnysan

One Too Many
jml90 said:
YEs the soles of all, but the Italian line can be resoled at the factory or otherwise. They look to be Chili colored. Does it say "Corporate Casual" inside of it?

Thanks for the good news! The color on the photos isn't entirely accurate - the shoes are a shade or two lighter than shown. They are marked "Corporate Casuals" on the removable insole.

vonwotan

Practically Family
For many years now I have worn AE almost exclusively. Unfortunately, after discontinuing my size they added a hefty $100 surcharge to have shoes made in my size, and seem to have reduced the number of narrow lasts that were available in 6C. So after much debate, I have just orderd some Alden loafers in my size, and if all goes well I will special order some new brown suede bals. They take a bit longer, four months, but there is no surcharge. If they are still available I may also go a bit crazy and order the "Cigar" brown shell cordovan ankle boots mentioned recently in another forum / on another blog.

Top Hat

New in Town
Allen Edmonds - How many?

Oh dear - I counted 19 pairs - 22 if I count multiple pairs of the same shoe. I am considering placing a custom order for the Hampstead in chili with a linen vamp. I think I need help...

1911 Man

A-List Customer
3 pair of Park Avenues, black, brown, and burgundy. I so liked the classic lines and styling of the P.A., I just went with variations on a theme.

Interestingly enough, I had not heard of AE's until a few years ago, and saw a fella wearing a pair of light tan Coltons (a medallion cap toe blucher). I liked them so much I went up and asked him about them. He told me, I looked them up on the net, and decided to save my pennies. The next year, they discontinued that model. They never did replace them with a model I thought was as striking, but thought the PA's were nice dress shoes.

A few months later I learned of Aldens (tracking down Indy boots). Later on I saw their burnished tan medallion tipped Balmoral in the one store in Utah that carries Aldens (and in limited numbers at that). I fell in love with them, and by then had learned the difference between a balmoral and blucher, and prefer the balmoral. So although I love my AE's, I'm glad I didn't buy the first pair that caught my eye.

Luigi Vampa

New in Town
I just scored my first pair of Allen Edmonds on Ebay, chile Byrons in size 10. I haven't worn them yet, but I already know they won't be my last pair of AEs.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
:mad:
moustache said:
I have received my newest pair of Allen Edmonds:The Sanford.Another ebay buy,i now have 4 pair of AE's.These shined up rather nicely after a wee bit of polish and brushing.

JD

AES31-small.jpg

AES11-small.jpg

This is habit that can be difficult to break.Why do i really want more shoes??
A few pair are enough.Is it because we see a good deal on a pair and reason that it never hurts to have another??That when we see $30 for a pair that normally retail for over $300,it makes us cry?

Hmmmmm.

JD

Yes exactly and that's why I have no room left for more:eek: :eek: ... "sighs" and "collapses in vale of tears"...:(

The Shooman

Practically Family
Just the one shell cordovan wingtip. l nearly got a suede wingtip [the other day], but the heal was rubber capped, so l passed. l only wear combination leather/rubber heal shoos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo