Allen Edmonds:How many??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Mar 25, 2007.

Allen Edmonds:How many?

1. 1

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. 2

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 3

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. 4

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. more than 5 pair

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. 53Effie

53Effie A-List Customer

Eight pair. Like them a lot. All very good quality,good fit, and comfortable.

2. Foster

Foster One of the Regulars

Leeds / Black
    Norwich / Brown
    Lubbock

3. MB5

MB5 One of the Regulars

I have one pair of black Danburys.

4. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral Call Me a Cab

After reading about these here, I picked up two pairs at the AE store in town (I was surprised to find Noo Awlins had one) -- a pair of the lighter tan Sedona loafers and one of the Wilbert in the rust-tinged tan. I may see if I can scoop up at least one more pair on eBay.

5. davestlouis

davestlouis Practically Family

I bought my first pair around 1989, black calf Arlingtons, long since worn out and tossed. At the moment, I have the following:
    Arlington, dark brown
    McAlister, black
    Bridgeton, tan
    Grayson, merlot and burgundy(corrected grain)
    Brookwood, chili
    Saratoga, medium brownish color, unsure of the proper name
    Park Avenue, merlot
    Concord, dark brown
    Harvard, navy blue, of all things

I did a quick inventory, and discovered 14 pair of Made in USA Johnston and Murphy, 3 pair of Alden, 3 pair of Wright Arch Preservers, 2 pair of Footjoy, and one pair each Freeman, British Walker, Grenson and Dexter. That's just dressy leather-soled shoes...penny loafers and casual shoes are another issue altogether

6. Doc Smith

Doc Smith Familiar Face

Only three, so far: two older pairs of wingtips (pebble-grained black MacNeils and brown "Tom, Dick, and Harry"s) that I picked up last year, and an almost-new pair of black Park Avenues that I'm wearing for the first time today. Used AEs are slowly replacing my old Ecco City Walkers, as the injection-molded soles on those delaminate and/or wear through.

7. Preacher Man

Preacher Man A-List Customer

Got seven so far. Been collecting them for several years; Park Avenue, Dalton, Macalister, Bayfield, Yuma, and 2 older pairs of a casual shoe that I cant remember the name of. I really like AE shoes, for the money they are the best to be had in my humble opinion. Good stuff and their customer service is the best there is.

8. nabottle

nabottle A-List Customer

2 Pairs

Dalton in Chocolate
    Fifth Street in Black

9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Is it true that Allen Edmonds makes the Wolverine 1000mi Krause boot? I just got a pair and love 'em!

10. gear-guy

gear-guy Practically Family

Have 4 pair and as for the style I like best, what ever pair that I have on for that day. Can't go wrong with any of them.

11. cpdv

cpdv One of the Regulars

Yes we just ran out of them. I work at the Freeport Maine store.

12. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Is it also true that Alden are making certain models?

13. cpdv

cpdv One of the Regulars

To my knowledge we do not. There are a few weird slip ons that I have never seen that are made in Puerto Rico but as far as our average shoes that you are going to see if you walk into a store are gojnf to be made at our factory in Wisconsin. The two exceptions are the Pisa and Urbino which are Italian made.

14. countryclubjoe

countryclubjoe Banned

Hi Folks

I am still trying to find my first pair of AE, I am looking for wingtips in a cognac color and or any spectator combo...
    Regards.

CCJ

15. Zhuceyoujian

Zhuceyoujian New in Town

26 and still growing. Most are oxford. Including five different colors of PA, three different colors of McAllister, two colors of Strand, and two colors of Chester.
    They all have good and bad and the fit differs a lot. But generally the older models have better leather. I am more interested in their vintage styles now.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  16. Zhuceyoujian

Zhuceyoujian New in Town

Btw, the best leather are a pair of brown Byron and A pair of walnut Birmingham. Fifth Avenue looks good too but the leather is not on par with the Byron.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  17. Zhuceyoujian

Zhuceyoujian New in Town

Just returned two pair of Whitney. Crappy leather and lousy workmanship. No wonder why the cheapest oxford in their sale. Save your money for something else!