Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds:How many??

Allen Edmonds:How many?

Votes: 10 17.9%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• more than 5 pair

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
After reading about these here, I picked up two pairs at the AE store in town (I was surprised to find Noo Awlins had one) -- a pair of the lighter tan Sedona loafers and one of the Wilbert in the rust-tinged tan. I may see if I can scoop up at least one more pair on eBay.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I bought my first pair around 1989, black calf Arlingtons, long since worn out and tossed. At the moment, I have the following:
Arlington, dark brown
McAlister, black
Bridgeton, tan
Grayson, merlot and burgundy(corrected grain)
Brookwood, chili
Saratoga, medium brownish color, unsure of the proper name
Park Avenue, merlot
Concord, dark brown
Harvard, navy blue, of all things

I did a quick inventory, and discovered 14 pair of Made in USA Johnston and Murphy, 3 pair of Alden, 3 pair of Wright Arch Preservers, 2 pair of Footjoy, and one pair each Freeman, British Walker, Grenson and Dexter. That's just dressy leather-soled shoes...penny loafers and casual shoes are another issue altogether

Doc Smith

Familiar Face
Only three, so far: two older pairs of wingtips (pebble-grained black MacNeils and brown "Tom, Dick, and Harry"s) that I picked up last year, and an almost-new pair of black Park Avenues that I'm wearing for the first time today. Used AEs are slowly replacing my old Ecco City Walkers, as the injection-molded soles on those delaminate and/or wear through.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Got seven so far. Been collecting them for several years; Park Avenue, Dalton, Macalister, Bayfield, Yuma, and 2 older pairs of a casual shoe that I cant remember the name of. I really like AE shoes, for the money they are the best to be had in my humble opinion. Good stuff and their customer service is the best there is.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
To my knowledge we do not. There are a few weird slip ons that I have never seen that are made in Puerto Rico but as far as our average shoes that you are going to see if you walk into a store are gojnf to be made at our factory in Wisconsin. The two exceptions are the Pisa and Urbino which are Italian made.

Zhuceyoujian

New in Town
Those who love Allen Edmonds typically have more than one pair.How many do you own?What is your favourite style?

JD
26 and still growing. Most are oxford. Including five different colors of PA, three different colors of McAllister, two colors of Strand, and two colors of Chester.
They all have good and bad and the fit differs a lot. But generally the older models have better leather. I am more interested in their vintage styles now.

Zhuceyoujian

New in Town
26 and still growing. Most are oxford. Including five different colors of PA, three different colors of McAllister, two colors of Strand, and two colors of Chester.
They all have good and bad and the fit differs a lot. But generally the older models have better leather. I am more interested in their vintage styles now.
Btw, the best leather are a pair of brown Byron and A pair of walnut Birmingham. Fifth Avenue looks good too but the leather is not on par with the Byron.

Zhuceyoujian

New in Town
Btw, the best leather are a pair of brown Byron and A pair of walnut Birmingham. Fifth Avenue looks good too but the leather is not on par with the Byron.
Just returned two pair of Whitney. Crappy leather and lousy workmanship. No wonder why the cheapest oxford in their sale. Save your money for something else!

Fifty150

One Too Many
I prefer Alden, not that i can often afford 'em. I have one pair and they are superb.

I have the Indy Boots. Nice shoes. They feel good on my feet. I indulged myself with that purchase. They are definitely not worth the money. Most of what you are paying for is the company's "name brand" and the prestige of ownership. There are much less expensive shoes which are just as comfortable.

:rolleyes: If anything, they're old man shoes. ;)

You have to be old enough, to be at a certain stage in life, where you are financially stable, and able to afford to buy shoes that cost an entire paycheck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ