Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new hat arrived yesterday.

First some background on the concept for this hat:
This hat is part of a special collection I'm putting together of custom hats. Each one representing one of my children. I had Art Fawcett make the first three. 1 for my 2nd oldest daughter Camilla, and 2 for my twins Max and Carlota who were born very prematurely and didn't survive.

This new hat by Tim is for my third oldest daughter Greta pictured here:
IMG_0455.JPG

I asked Tim to do the hat in silverbelly with a touch of blue somewhere in the bow (Greta has very clear blue eyes). I think he nailed it and I'm very happy with the hat and fit.

Without further ado, here's the hat:
IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4065.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Case as you know we unfortunately share that common bond of losing twins. This is just an absolutely awesome idea. Cane made my hat for my daughter and I cherish that hat so much. Could you post the other ones devoted to your children? I know they are not Cane hats but I think we would all enjoy seeing them in one place.

casechopper

Hi historyteach24. I think I'll start a new thread a bit later today for themed collections and put the photos there. I don't want to go to far off topic in Tims thread.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Great looking hat casechopper and what a beautiful smile and lovely blue eyes Little Greta!! Case that hat works great for you, I especially like the ribbon work and the bow. You're right Tim hit the mark with that blue line on the knot, matches Little Greta's blue eyes perfectly! I like that frayed edge on the bow also, that's the first time I've seen that! I like that. Was that something you wanted or was that Tim's idea? He's working on a hat for me now, a dark charcoal with a light gray/silver ribbon. We've talked about the bow some and he told me to take a look at yours. I'm sure you've got a great collection of hats with a special significance for each one, your children! I appreciate that! Wear them well!

casechopper

Thanks Tom, historyteach and Preacher Man. Tim did a great job on this hat.

Preacher man: I sent some photos of vintage hats to show Tim more or less what I wanted and I think all, if not most of those hats had the frayed ribbon. On older vintage hats that fraying was relatively common but you don't see it much on newer hats. It's the first hat I have with that fraying. Tim went for it and I think it came out nicely.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Casechopper; I agree, the frayed edge ribbon did come out very nicely! This is the first example of it I've seen and I really like what it adds to the overall look of the hat. Tim suggested I look at yours the other day when we were talking about the hat he's working on for me. The hat looks great on you, good choice!

casechopper

Thanks Dundee, the bow's mainly up to Tim. I sent him some photos of vintage hats I liked but told him to run with his ideas on the final ribbon treatment.

Thanks Danny Boy. I know he does natural but as far as undyed I'm unsure. You're probably best off to contact him for that.

Thanks Manfred.

Preacher Man: are you on the block now? I look forward to seeing your hat!

If I had unlimited funds I'd order another hat from Tim right now. As is so often the case reality ≠ unlimited funds so I'll have to wait for the hat fund to refill.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Casechopper, yes, Tim has my hat on the block now, actually I don't know if my hat's on the block now but it is in the process. It's a dark gray beaver, tall crown with a 2 3/4 brim. As soon as I can talk with Tim, I'm going let him know about the bow. He's going to use a 1 1/2" silver gray ribbon on it, he's sent me some pics with that ribbon, looks good. Your new hat looks good! I know what you mean about "hat funds", it's a shame that fund doesn't seem to ever refill fast enough. :)

Casechopper, yes, Tim has my hat on the block now, actually I don't know if my hat's on the block now but it is in the process. It's a dark gray beaver, tall crown with a 2 3/4 brim. As soon as I can talk with Tim, I'm going let him know about the bow. He's going to use a 1 1/2" silver gray ribbon on it, he's sent me some pics with that ribbon, looks good. Your new hat looks good! I know what you mean about "hat funds", it's a shame that fund doesn't seem to ever refill fast enough. :)

Hey Preacherman,
Have you received your newest one yet? I'm looking forward to seeing the latest "Creation!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran