Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Cane Rod Maker said:
CanesCreations-Hat2006.jpg
Sweet looking lid Pete. Excellent work Tim! Nice bow treatment...

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I haven't been around too much lately, but I live near Tim. He asked me to stop by before heboxed up this lid. I wanted to feel it. The pounce job is superb. I cant believe how quickly He caught on......but then again,he is a craftsman. Hey Tim, I told you this was addictive. Great job. Btw....I have 2 vintage blocks/flanges, side 7 and 6/8. If he'd willing he's. More than welcome to them.

You serious man......so cool! And still available to you when you need them!

I haven't been around too much lately, but I live near Tim. He asked me to stop by before heboxed up this lid. I wanted to feel it. The pounce job is superb. I cant believe how quickly He caught on......but then again,he is a craftsman. Hey Tim, I told you this was addictive. Great job. Btw....I have 2 vintage blocks/flanges, side 7 and 6/8. If he'd willing he's. More than welcome to them.

This is FRONT PAGE news! Your attention to detail and fastidious personality really show through on this hat, Tim... and this is only one of the first ones! Congratulations, and all the best!!!

TomS

One Too Many
Here it is and I love it, fits perfect and looks exactly how I wanted it

Here's the specs for the hat:

Open Crown 5-1/2
Crease, front: 4-5/8
Rear Raked to 4''
Brim 2-3/4 inch
Body: Winchester 100% Beaver
Color: SAND
Grosgrain: 1930's -1940's vintage.
Width: 1-3/4''
Color: Mocha
Bow:Modeled after Cane's Stetson Stetsonian for a nice vintage look.
Sweat: Natural cut to 24-1/4 inch
Liner: Beige

canehat.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2004-1.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2003.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2008-1.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2005.jpg

Pete:

Whats the width of the ribbon, 1 3/4" ?

Thanks,
Tom

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
My First Custom from Cane Rod Maker!!

To say I'm excited would be a gross understatement! I read pjt113's thread about his new Cane Creation and noticed what he said about his large noggin. I've been blessed in the same way: 7 3/4! Pete, your hat sounded so good and looked so good, I contacted Tim, we had several conversations and I ordered my first custom. It's pecan with a brown vintage ribbon, 2 3/4 brim, 5" crown, or there about, with a diamond crease. Tim just texted me and said he'd just finished it and will send final pics soon. I'm already watching the driveway for the delivery truck! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap I can't wait to see my Cane's Creation and I'll share it when Tim gets me the pics. Pete, yours inspired me. Tim is a great guy to deal with, and like Pete said, he understands us big heads. ;)

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Here are the pics Tim sent me last night. Whatever my posting problem was I think I've got it fixed. Pecan felt, 5" crown, vintage brown ribbon, 2 3/4" brim.
Tim did a fantastic job with this. Thanks Pete, pjt113 for your inspiration too. Now all I've got to do is wait for it to arrive which may well be the hardest part of this whole process!!
http://s878.beta.photobucket.com/user/PreacherMan1950/media/Hat3PreacherMans06.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
http://s878.beta.photobucket.com/user/PreacherMan1950/media/Hat3PreacherMans01.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s878.beta.photobucket.com/user/PreacherMan1950/media/Hat3PreacherMans02.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Looks as if I still haven't got this picture posting process figured out!! I'll keep trying!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning gentlemen......I will get with PreacherMan this morning to help him upload some photos. Thanks for the kind words all! You have all inspired me through the comments in the recent threads. I look forward to many happy years of hatting. Have a great day all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana