Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Tim, Cane Rod Maker holding my hat:
PreacherManshoottwo.jpg

Great photo and two very cool looking hats!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Mario - Thanks! I appreciate all of the compliments. FYI....I will have a hat that is near complete in size 7-1/2 and that will be posting soon; it is for a Lounger about to have a baby girl, the hat will have some special ribbon work done to it; to compliment daddy and his little girl; with the intent on being worn at the Christining.
I am tht lucky lounger and I would like to thank Tim from the bottom of my heart for hat hat. His generocity is staggering. Told my wife tonight about our gift from Tim and she was moved. Can't wait to wear it to her baptism early next year

TomS

One Too Many
I am tht lucky lounger and I would like to thank Tim from the bottom of my heart for hat hat. His generocity is staggering. Told my wife tonight about our gift from Tim and she was moved. Can't wait to wear it to her baptism early next year

I can't wait to see pics of the hat! You know, that's something that will be handed down for generations...

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I am tht lucky lounger and I would like to thank Tim from the bottom of my heart for hat hat. His generosity is staggering. Told my wife tonight about our gift from Tim and she was moved. Can't wait to wear it to her baptism early next year

Tim is a very talented hatter and a very special person.

Preacher, love the hat, especially the color.

Thanks for the good words Tom. And to everyone!

Matt wanted a lid, loves the style of the hats I am doing. He asked if I could clone a Flagship look for him some day.....I have a block in his size, a 7-1/2 dated 1929. But I never put a body on it yet.

So when I was buying some Dress Beaver a few weeks ago, I asked Greg at Winchester if he could hook me up with a Staple Body, a SECOND, and he gave me a couple for free. I also want to say Greg is one fine man! Before I even started buying bodies from him, he sent me several seconds in Beaver and his words to me were that he did not want me to make costly mistakes and get discouraged, he wanted me to get tecnique down before I spent good money on product. He even shipped to me for free......what a guy.

Anyway, I am old school and feel that what comes around goes around....In speaking to Matt [aka History Teacher2] I mentioned to him that I would give him a hat, and explained it was a second....and that I would just give it to him; plus I did not know the results of what this block would produce.

In discussion I found out he is expecting a girl, so I decided to do something special for him....
I did my first solo Thanksgiving the other day out out outdoor club, I cooked a bird and the fixings, and while waiting for my dinner to get done, I worked on this. I took some supplies with me and did this for Matt and the special occasion.

These are just pliminary pictures and the brim is not flanged in these shots, but allow me to share what I did for this occasion.
Silverbelly Staple
Cashew Vintage Grosgrain
Cashew Primary knot
Dusty Rose Secondary knot with a highlight of PINK for the little girl!

Matt-HistoryTeacher2hat4012.jpg

Matt-HistoryTeacher2hat4015.jpg

Matt-HistoryTeacher2hat4019.jpg

Congrats to HT on the new arrival to the family & a new lid to mark the momentous event. VERY nice gesture Tim!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Man I am excited to get that hat in my hands. I can not tell you guys how much it meant to me when Tim offered the hat to me as a gift just cover his supplies. I was blown away by the gesture. As long as he makes hats he will be my go-to custom hatter because as he said what goes around comes around. So I feel that he deserves as much business as my wallet allows.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Congratulations Matt!!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thank God for Little Girls!! I've got two of them, not so little anymore but I've got a beautiful little 2 year old Grand Daughter, she loves hats too! Congratulations on the new little blessing and on the beautiful hat. I know you're proud and thankful. Tim is a great guy and a great hatmaker. God bless you Matt! You did good. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Thanks preacherman. Not to get too mushy but my wife and I have lost three children to miscarriages so this is super special to me. Tim knew that and he made a fantastic hat. I feel this hat is sort of two fold. It celebrates my daughter nd remembers my lost ones. It may sound funny that a hat can do all that but it is true because Tim put his heart and soul into the hat.

DJH

I'll Lock Up

Very cool!

This is going to be a great hat when it is finished.

Also nice to see you are moving to a more classic style as well. The ribbon colour and design works well with this hat.

Looking forward to seeing photos of you wearing Tim's creation at the Christening - I'm sure you'll post pics for us.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Yea DJH I really just didnt like my first few custom hats. They were too "loud". They were beautiful but I felt odd wearing them. I am much more comfortable in my whippet clone and Campdraft

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Tim!!!

History, I am sorry to hear that. I really am. Not having any kids myself (I am only 18, so that is for way down the road) I could never understand the hurt you have endoured. I can't wait to see this hat in your hands!

My best wishes to you, the wife, and your baby girl!

thespoiler

One of the Regulars
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thank God for Little Girls!! I've got two of them, not so little anymore but I've got a beautiful little 2 year old Grand Daughter, she loves hats too! Congratulations on the new little blessing and on the beautiful hat. I know you're proud and thankful. Tim is a great guy and a great hatmaker. God bless you Matt! You did good. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Rod maker....mighty good work..are those pins holding the bow on?.

Monte

A-List Customer
...Makes me extra appreciative this Thanksgiving and holiday season. Also, those custom hats are so authentic looking-just classic. I'll have to show mine off when able. Just not happy with how hard the felt turned out with my custom. Are these hats similar in softness to vintage hats or are the customs hard like mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner