Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

TomS

One Too Many
Tim, I'm very impressed with your work, AND the decency you've shown here. Thanks!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Historyteach24,
Condolences on your three kids that didn't make it. My wife and I went through something similar with twins. I've been through some rough stuff but losing a kid is the toughest thing I've ever gone through. Congrats on your daughter! Girls will drive you crazy but are lots of fun!

I have two VS hats that I had Art make for me that are dedicated to the two we lost and I've found that it's a great way to remember them.

Thanks preacherman. Not to get too mushy but my wife and I have lost three children to miscarriages so this is super special to me. Tim knew that and he made a fantastic hat. I feel this hat is sort of two fold. It celebrates my daughter nd remembers my lost ones. It may sound funny that a hat can do all that but it is true because Tim put his heart and soul into the hat.

Monte, so far each of the hats I made were 100% beaver, that felt is somewhat stiffer yes....but I did dry crease those hats with ease. The hat I posted for History Teacher is a staple Hare body, definitly softer,like some of my old lids, but again, dry creased in that photo, it shaped so easily.

...Makes me extra appreciative this Thanksgiving and holiday season. Also, those custom hats are so authentic looking-just classic. I'll have to show mine off when able. Just not happy with how hard the felt turned out with my custom. Are these hats similar in softness to vintage hats or are the customs hard like mine?

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
We lost a set of twins as well so I know where you are coming from. I believe a hat is a heck of a way to honor them because it is a part of who we are. We are hat people! I think it is quite fitting. BTW I am jealous of those VS badboys I need one of those one day
Hey Historyteach24,
Condolences on your three kids that didn't make it. My wife and I went through something similar with twins. I've been through some rough stuff but losing a kid is the toughest thing I've ever gone through. Congrats on your daughter! Girls will drive you crazy but are lots of fun!

I have two VS hats that I had Art make for me that are dedicated to the two we lost and I've found that it's a great way to remember them.

Landman

One Too Many
Monte, so far each of the hats I made were 100% beaver, that felt is somewhat stiffer yes....but I did dry crease those hats with ease. The hat I posted for History Teacher is a staple Hare body, definitly softer,like some of my old lids, but again, dry creased in that photo, it shaped so easily.

Tim,

The staple hare is softer than 100% beaver? What is staple hare anyway? Must be different than the hare felt I'm familiar with.

Beautiful hats by the way and a wonderful gesture.

Mulceber

Practically Family
I could be wrong, but based on the context in which he used "softer," I think by softer he meant floppier - in which case, yeah, rabbit felt does tend to be floppier, seeing as it is less dense than beaver.

RBH

Bartender
Tim... something about this photo just keep bringing me back.
I like the 'vintage' take on it.
Enjoy!

preachermanshoottwo.jpg

"Silverbelly Staple
Cashew Vintage Grosgrain
Cashew Primary knot
Dusty Rose Secondary knot with a highlight of PINK for the little girl!"

Wow, Tim... I'm just getting caught up again on your new endeavors and it's clear to see by this hat, it seems you're on your way! The special colors and knot highlights a la Art Fawcett style (that's a real compliment; he's been at it a LONG time) show you've been studying the craft dilligently! Your great progress and benevolence are to be applauded by us all!

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hey TomS
Tim is going to have another one on the block for me in a month or so. Something in a grey color. Haven't decided on the exact color yet, he's getting me some felt samples. He's working on a couple of hats right now. I'm sure he'll be getting busier as more get acquainted with his work. He's very good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ