Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

TomS

One Too Many
Tom, that is amazing!!

Coming my way from Tim...soon to be known as Hat & Can Rod Maker...can't wait to crease it!!!

Specs:

Dress weight, 100% Beaver, Pecan

5-3/4" Open crown

3'' Raw edge brim

3/4" Vintage Brown Gros with Playboy Style Bow

Beige Liner

Naked Natural Sweat
GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow010.jpg

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow011.jpg

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow008.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Great looking hats Tim!

TomS, I like the dark pewter too. If it is the same granite color as Art Fawcett's then I think a pewter color would look great with it.

59Lark

Practically Family
Tim; this is 59Lark who is trying to send you a message and your mail box is full, so it cant recieve anymore mail, so empty it. Forgive my shortness, am really sick with a nasty sinus cold and am being to see where people got ideas for zombie movies. 59Lark.

TomS

One Too Many
I was leaning toward sandune, but now I'm going to have to look at the pewter again!
Thanks!

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
gtdean and TomS, you guys have got some fantastic looking hats coming! What great Christmas presents!! Tom, I've got a granite on order from Tim and I'm kind of leaning toward the khaki ribbon. Beautiful hats guys! You did good!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Coming my way from Tim...soon to be known as Hat & Can Rod Maker...can't wait to crease it!!!

Specs: Dress weight, 100% Beaver, Pecan, 5-3/4" Open crown, 3'' Raw edge brim , 3/4" Vintage Brown Gros with Playboy Style Bow, Beige Liner, Naked Natural Sweat
GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow010.jpg

Darn sir that is one fine looking hat! The proportions are spot on classy. The ribbon width, IMHO, is exactly what is needed in a fine fedora. Very Playboy, Wanderer inspired hat! The felt appears, from the pics, to be well finished. One of my fav hats this winter.

Wear it in good health GT Dean. Cheers, Eric -

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Eric, I agree. However, I go back and forth over whether to get such a treatment on my new Silverbelly being made or to go with the very skinny ribbon with the tie know (like on some hats). What is your thought about the difference between those two ribbon styles?

Eric, I agree. However, I go back and forth over whether to get such a treatment on my new Silverbelly being made or to go with the very skinny ribbon with the tie know (like on some hats). What is your thought about the difference between those two ribbon styles?

"Very skinny ribbon with the tie knot" is a western hat ribbon treatment, not really a fedora ribbon. Closest thing to that for fedoras or dress hats is the Stratoliner/Open Road style ribbon & bow treatment.
Going with the thin ribbon & knot you are spec'ing a "country" style hat as opposed to a "city" hat, more work hat than dress hat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner