Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I'm so psyched I can't wait any longer to let all of you in on some great news! :D

Our buddy Cane Rod Maker is making fedoras & I'm both honored and privileged to be the have been working with him on a hat for my collection. I wanted a classic vintage look so Cane made me a fedora that is modeled after his Stetson Stetsonian, it's sand colored, raw edge, 100% Beaver body, and a mocha colored vintage ribbon. The hat is not an exact replication of the Stetsonian but a base we used for what I wanted, like a tribute model. Working with Cane was a pure joy and his ideas on what should go into the hat were spot on. Cane sent me a couple of pix and the vintage look is exactly what I was shooting for.

I will receive the hat in the next couple of days and will post pix as soon as I get it. Judging from the pix he has sent me I expect the hat to exceed any custom I own, and be as comparable to the best quality I've seen on the lounge.

I almost forgot to mention I have a large head and wear a 7 3/4, and Cane wears the same size, so it's nice to deal with a hatter who has a similar sized melon and understands some of the challenges a larger size head gives a hat wearer.

I am truly touched by your words Pete, I enjoyed doing this hat very much, and it was a pleasure to have worked and communicated with you on this project. I look forward to you adding those photos so the fine folks here on the Lounge see what a guy with a passion can do. This is hat #2 and I really amazed myself because of the quality I achieved. I already have a body on the block and looking forward to making the next of Cane's Creations.

Best Regards,
Tim

I'm so psyched I can't wait any longer to let all of you in on some great news! :D

Our buddy Cane Rod Maker is making fedoras & I'm both honored and privileged to be the have been working with him on a hat for my collection. I wanted a classic vintage look so Cane made me a fedora that is modeled after his Stetson Stetsonian, it's sand colored, raw edge, 100% Beaver body, and a mocha colored vintage ribbon. The hat is not an exact replication of the Stetsonian but a base we used for what I wanted, like a tribute model. Working with Cane was a pure joy and his ideas on what should go into the hat were spot on. Cane sent me a couple of pix and the vintage look is exactly what I was shooting for.

I will receive the hat in the next couple of days and will post pix as soon as I get it. Judging from the pix he has sent me I expect the hat to exceed any custom I own, and be as comparable to the best quality I've seen on the lounge.

I almost forgot to mention I have a large head and wear a 7 3/4, and Cane wears the same size, so it's nice to deal with a hatter who has a similar sized melon and understands some of the challenges a larger size head gives a hat wearer.

PM sent - no web site at this time.......sort of restricted to just 7-3/4 and 7-5/8 but I do have a block and flange set in VGC dated 1929. It might be your size.

I feel that if I get enough encouragement, I will have some additional blocks and flanges made for me...... I am feeling good about things based on this hat I did for Pete. You will see photos tomorrow when he uploads! Thanks for the interest!!

Last edited:

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Here it is and I love it, fits perfect and looks exactly how I wanted it

Here's the specs for the hat:

Open Crown 5-1/2
Crease, front: 4-5/8
Rear Raked to 4''
Brim 2-3/4 inch
Body: Winchester 100% Beaver
Color: SAND
Grosgrain: 1930's -1940's vintage.
Width: 1-3/4''
Color: Mocha
Bow:Modeled after Cane's Stetson Stetsonian for a nice vintage look.
Sweat: Natural cut to 24-1/4 inch
Liner: Beige

canehat.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2004-1.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2003.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2008-1.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2005.jpg

Gentlemen: Thank you very much!

Pete, I am going to add some interior shots, hope you do not mind. Oh BTW, nice pic of you in that hat. Looks great!

Thank you for the compliments and acknowledging the work quality.

I am looking forward to making many more as it sooths the soul for me. Passion, when you have that I guess anything is possible.

Pics to follow...let me go to the dreded photobucket.....
CanesCreations-Hat2012.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2013.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2014.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2023.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2006.jpg

CanesCreations-Hat2010.jpg

Last edited:

TomS

One Too Many
Here it is and I love it, fits perfect and looks exactly how I wanted it

Here's the specs for the hat:

Open Crown 5-1/2
Crease, front: 4-5/8
Rear Raked to 4''
Brim 2-3/4 inch
Body: Winchester 100% Beaver
Color: SAND
Grosgrain: 1930's -1940's vintage.
Width: 1-3/4''
Color: Mocha
Bow:Modeled after Cane's Stetson Stetsonian for a nice vintage look.
Sweat: Natural cut to 24-1/4 inch
Liner: Beige

What a great looking hat!! Whats the lead time on these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko