Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

alhartman

New in Town
Black Cherry Beauty

Tim's number 25 beaver to go with a rabbit granite (#18) I bought from a fellow lounger.
The felt weight (133gms) and hand is wonderfully soft.
The craftsmanship is superb. As is the fit.
Color is hard to describe as it shifts in different light--this real chameleon varies from almost brown in some light, black in others, and cherry in full outdoor flat light.
cleancamera 144.jpg

Tim is a real professional and very easy to work with--his artful eye made up for my intrinsic tendency to win the 'dress in the dark' award for sartorial taste. All I did was indicate what I didn't want for ribbon and he picked a stunning 1 /3 blood wine. A very good size and balance IMO.

If you haven't treated yourself to one of Tim's Creations, do so!!

.....................al

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the compliments and I am glad the hat is what you desired.

I would like to share a story. .....the past 10 years of my life were a living hell and keeping busy doing something fun was a good thing for me. This past year and a half I had been down.....went through a divorce that is now final. It took its toll on me and slowed me down some. Bummer for me was I had hat orders to fill and I had been having a hard time to find the motivarion. The several who were waiting and al was one were very understanding of my situation. Everybody that is on the wait list had the same message for me. Take care of myself and get to the hat whenever. Then also I've been treating regularly from a head on collision last march. Time was limited and I was simply beat down.
But I am back......I feel better since the dust has settled over divorce. But still hurting from the accident. ...I finished Al's har last week. I have Jeffs just about done.....landman's is being worked on and blocking up for Jim and Matt.
I am back in the groove gentlemen and will be caught up real soon. I appreciate all the messages I got over time from loungers who knew what I was going through.....preacher man has me on his daily prayer lisr....thanks for that Johnny. In closing reputation is everything. I was honest with all in my problems and everybody was so supportive. I appreciate you all and look forward to making hats until I am old and unable. I look forward to hearing from you all and if I can be of assistance PM me or email me. Thanks again to a fantastic group of people.
Tim's number 25 beaver to go with a rabbit granite (#18) I bought from a fellow lounger.
The felt weight (133gms) and hand is wonderfully soft.
The craftsmanship is superb. As is the fit.
Color is hard to describe as it shifts in different light--this real chameleon varies from almost brown in some light, black in others, and cherry in full outdoor flat light.
View attachment 6138

Tim is a real professional and very easy to work with--his artful eye made up for my intrinsic tendency to win the 'dress in the dark' award for sartorial taste. All I did was indicate what I didn't want for ribbon and he picked a stunning 1 /3 blood wine. A very good size and balance IMO.

If you haven't treated yourself to one of Tim's Creations, do so!!

.....................al

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Tim! You know from our many conversations what your work has meant to me. Thanks for the help in learning how to restore old hats and thanks for the killer lids! I look forward to my Christmas present!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad to hear things are on the upswing Cane. I look forward to getting another hat from you some day (when finances allow).

aught12

One of the Regulars
Tim, with your artistry and integrity, you're gonna have everything you need once the bumps and bruises heal. Cheers.

For the rest of you, here are some progress shots Cane sent me on a project. Beaver felt, Whiskey. How about that ribbon folks -- understated, yet sharp!

Jeff

20131124_141108.jpg 20131124_141134.jpg 20131124_141218.jpg 20131124_141317.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
I have two of Tim's hats and another on the way. If you decide to have Tim make you a hat I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. Besides being a great hatter he also happens to be a great guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24