Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I BLUE...

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Yay it's not just me, here I thought I was just being a hag.

Cuddle your favourite furry friend.
Warm baths with bubbles galore.
Punch a punching bag.
Chocolate, ice cream, wine and tea are all great too:)

I hope we all feel better soon! *hugs all around*

ladyk

Familiar Face
Kimberly said:
I bet that green suit you bought lifted your spirits some. I saw that on the other thread and my heart skipped a beat. It is absolutely breath taking. :eek:

Most definately - my mood is always lifted by retail therapy lol

Thank you.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
:eusa_clap
Yessss. Take it in whatever form you like; food, drink, men :rolleyes:

But chocolate is a cure all for me whenever I need a pick me up.

LD

Or all of the above all at the same time;) lol

olive bleu

One Too Many
yoo hoo, today is my Friday(as it probably is for many of you)almost made it thru the week, just today to get thru.When, I got home last night, my husband had some Pizza that he had orderd in, so that took care of the comfort food.Then i had a long hot bath,set my hair, made a pot of tea, and watched game shows for 2 hours!.I went to bed in a much better frame of mind.:)

(Actually, what i REALLY wanted was chocolate, but Mr. Bleu has been giving me a hard time about the amount of sweets I have been eating during Lent :) oh, the guilt...

Sunny

One Too Many
ITG said:
Yeah, today has been a crap day. I came home and just bawled...mainly out of frustration with my job. Then I walked into the bedroom. My husband did something out of the blue that put a smile on my face and took me a little more out of my blue state of mind. He had taken my 3 favorite childhood stuffed animals and put them on our bed with a big note written in black sharpie that said "We love you." It made me feel alot better.

Aww, what a guy!! :eusa_clap

olive bleu

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Don't overshop? Are you mad? There's no such thing!

Sing it, sister!

I just got paid on the 29th, and i had a peek at my account yesterday, yikes:eek: Evidently, i have been enjoying retail therapy a bit too often this week!....Time to turn to the bourbon , I guess;)

epr25

Practically Family
I know I always shop when I am down. That can add to the problem though. It just depends if I find something. Usually I will and then I am on a shopping high. Try throwing on your best vintage and hit the shops. I always feel better when I dress up. Weird?

lindylady

A-List Customer
No, not weird at all. Dressing up does make you feel better. It's often true that when you look good, your mood follows :D

I was feeling burnt out yesterday. I took a long hot bubble bath and then watched "You Were Never Lovelier". Fred Astaire always makes me happy!

Novella

Practically Family
Movie watching all the way! I have different movies I watch depending on what shade of blue I feel.

Someone else said walks - walks are good medicine. Getting out of home and whatever environment that's given me stress always helps. Putting on headphones, turning up the music as loud as my ears can handle, and then dancing around almost never fails to exorcise whatever blues demons I have. Chocolate is tasty, but I've found that eating lots of chocolate usually just compounds my misery because I think about what a pig I'm being (if I'm eating to cure misery, one piece is definitely not enough).

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Novella said:
Movie watching all the way! I have different movies I watch depending on what shade of blue I feel.

i can't believe i forgot that one! top cheer-me-up films include Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Cemetery Man. oh, and Revenge of the Nerds. after all, i AM a child of the 80s.

olive bleu

One Too Many
KittyT said:
i can't believe i forgot that one! top cheer-me-up films include Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Cemetery Man. oh, and Revenge of the Nerds. after all, i AM a child of the 80s.

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is absolutely one of top 5 fav comedies!! I have to watch that at least once a year.!! Such good taste, Kitty!;)

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Save Ferris!

Haha, I love that movie! I especially love watching it and then going and walking the parade route myself! Just a perk of living in Chicago! ;)

Hmm, my list of things after a horridly crappy day:

Movies
Documentaries on Discovery Channel or PBS
Puttin' on the vintage and going shopping!
Singing, dancing
Shopping binge at Borders (dangerous!)
Any baked good (see the signature lol)
Ben & Jerry, every girl's best boyfriends :)
Coffee, tea, or on really bad days, a drink
Reading
Call my mum :eek:
Hookah, tea and hummus with friends
A nap! Naps are my favorite... everything seems better after a good nap in toasty jammies, cuddling with my puppygirl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80