Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I the only hat wearer in Southeast Missouri ???

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
location location location

Maybe you should give southWEST Missouri a shot. There's a good little swing scene in Springfield, and I've seen Panamas in Branson.

I love your hat though. Soon they'll all be wearing them.

(missing the Ozarks a bit...I can't believe you had to mention Lamberts)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
"have heard "the guy in hat" many times now when customers are looking for me."

There you go! I've sold cars too, and standing out from the other salesmen and dealerships is a HUGE advantage. From your later post, it seems that customers are starting to identify with you.

So - NOW, when you're out and about and people see you - for heaven's sake, PASS OUT BUSINESS CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You WANT people to look at you, because as soon as you have eye contact, you can introduce yourself and pass a card over.

People will remember you as the guy in the hat - your sales will go up yet again. You have found a valuable way to stand out from the crowd. It sounds like people perceive you to be more professional and easier to relate to!! This is turning out to be a professional trademark and a great tool for you.

matei

One Too Many
Keep fighting the good fight - the world needs more hat wearers! :eusa_clap

I started wearing a dress hat right before we moved from Dublin to the UK. I wore it to two interviews, and I got offers both times. I think that a man wearing a hat comes across as a more serious character.

Granted, you have to wear it with confidence! If you look good, you feel good - and that is easily picked up on. It may sound shallow but it is true in my experience!

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
HAT TRICK

The longer you keep wearing hats on a regular basis the more
comfortable you become, the the evil eyes :rage:/:eek: become
the ones with a personal problem lol

SC :D

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
thanks for the encouragement ladies and gentlemen....oh I pass out those cards...i just got me some new ones and without sounding like I am bragging...they are the best looking cards that I have ever seen....with my picture on it, too....

Definately, folks are noticing me more and more as I go in and out of places. I am going to keep you posted and now I have Mysterygal doing the same in the Northeast...

Skinnychick...welcome aboard...I have been down to Springfield but not in the past two years....perhaps someday I will make it back there again....

mark the shoeshine boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21