Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Hat Co.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
American Hat Co makes a fine hat.
I met Keith Maddox the owner a few times. Here is a picture of some of us at the Beaver Brand auction a few years ago.

yh7c.jpg

left to right..

Jeff Tetter [ Winchester Felt ]
Richard Treadaway [ Beaver Brand ]
Mike Moore [Buckaroo Hatters]
Keith Maddox [ owner American Hat Company ]
Richard Bean [ Winchester Felt ]
Andre Travino [ American Hat Company ]
Nice picture, Richard Treadaway built my plating machine and did a great job at the machining. It just cost a fortune

Reactions: RBH

Sanford Goldstein

Familiar Face
I’m confused... I lived down the street from the American hat company located in Houston on Richmond ... it was run by Gary Cohen although Sam Silver started it early 1900’s

. My grandfather was Gary’s doctor and my hats came from that store. My last hat was purchased in 1982 and I haven’t been able to get back to Texas since. I have three of them now and the last. However I came to this thread by typing in kettle curl vs pencil curl hmm?

I’m confused... I lived down the street from the American hat company located in Houston on Richmond ... it was run by Gary Cohen although Sam Silver started it early 1900’s

. My grandfather was Gary’s doctor and my hats came from that store. My last hat was purchased in 1982 and I haven’t been able to get back to Texas since. I have three of them now and the last. However I came to this thread by typing in kettle curl vs pencil curl hmm?

Nothing confusing: there have been discussions on curled brim hats on this thread so your key word search brought you here. If you’re using the Lounge search tool you can specify to search thread titles only and avoid this. However, most of us prefer to use Google to search The Lounge’s threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dotneck

One of the Regulars
I won this auction on the Goodwill site. I forgot I bid on it. $13 ($24 including shipping). They called it a XXX Beaver hat. I'll be interested to see what shows up...I guess its kind of an open road style....in a unique color...

Attachments

• 51702512692044est3.jpg
    51702512692044est3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 469
I won this auction on the Goodwill site. I forgot I bid on it. $13 ($24 including shipping). They called it a XXX Beaver hat. I'll be interested to see what shows up...I guess its kind of an open road style....in a unique color...

Curious to see how this hat turns out. Not very “Open Road” in shape, ribbon, or brim edge treatment, but a nice western all the same, and the COLOR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran