AmiCharnel Caps

Discussion in 'Hats' started by deadlyhandsome, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ScottyD

ScottyD Familiar Face

So here are some pics... Unfortunately, after wearing the cap for a little bit I think I'm going to put the cap up for sale in the for sale section. For some reason, I'm just not jiving with it. It's Large or 59CM. The material is a houndstooth shetland wool. PM if interested.

IMG_3871.jpg IMG_3872.jpg IMG_3873.jpg IMG_3874.jpg

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

Too big for me, but looks great, I can't imagine you'll wait long to sell it. How long was it between order and delivery? I ordered mine in mid-March, so about two months ago. I don't mindwaiting a while if I know it's certain to come eventually. I've seen a lot of small businesses over the years come and go because they struggled to manage orders; in one case, sadly, it ended up in court and got very messy - the young lady concerned had simply taken on more than she could cope with and didn't cope well with the communication front.

If this one turns up this side of September, it'll be wearable for me as I ordered a linen Summer cap with the intention of wearing it in Beijing next week; maybe it'll be here for the graduation trip at the end of June.

If they can sort out the communication issue, they do seem to make ovely caps.

3. ScottyD

ScottyD Familiar Face

I waited two months for the cap. After ordering, I spoke with Stew once and he said the cap would go out very soon. This was 2 weeks after ordering in early March. He said he was waiting on the leather for the sweatband. The wait didn’t bother me as much as the lack of communication. Finally, I got an email about a week ago stating he was not doing well. I’m hoping he gets better.

deadlyhandsome and Edward like this.
  4. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

As an update, I have received the caps I ordered. They're nice, but I think they're a size too large (I'm right between the L and XL sizes, and ordered XL). I'll try padding out the bands a little to make them fit more snugly, or just move them on to someone with a slightly larger noggin. I'm up to my ears in caps at this point!

IMG_0704.jpg

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  5. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

His XL caps fit me perfectly. Let me know if you end up wanting to sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Edward

Edward Bartender

That raspberry herringbone one is a stunner.

I'm still waiting to hear about my order from March, but it sounds like about three to four months is a standard?

7. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

I'm not sure there is a standard wait. Stew said he was having some health problem which was causing delay, so I really don't know what to expect. That's the only thing keeping me from re-ordering the raspberry herringbone in a size down. It really is a fantastic fabric.

deadlyhandsome and Edward like this.
  8. ScottyD

ScottyD Familiar Face

Like I previously stated, I waited a bit over two months for delivery. To grease the wheels, I opened a case with PayPal. I had emailed Stew directly about 4 or 5 times before doing so. Even with health issues, an email expressing so, would have eased up my need to go through PayPal for a resolution.

9. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Like others, I can be forgiving and make exceptions and accommodations if the seller keeps communicating. When they take my money and never respond to emails and weeks or months go by I feel less generous. I’ve order my last Ami Charnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Edward

Edward Bartender

Just looked up this thread to check when I ordered; 11 March. Seems that while I'd forgotten about it these last few weeks, I missed the paypal deadline. Damn. At leat it's not too big a loss, that I canbe glad about. At this point, I don't imagine I'll ever see the cap I ordered, which is a pity: they seemed to be a nice product and I would have picked up quite a few more had they put out. I'll spend my money elsewhere instead, now.

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Just checked the website: their last "latest news" piece was 2017, which doesn't exactly instill confidence!

12. homesicksteve

homesicksteve New in Town

I think it's now 180 days from order, should opening
    a PayPal dispute be required.

Edward likes this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

Ah, useful to know - I thought it was still ninety. (Had to use it recently after eBay were useless when a seller accepted my return but tried to withhold the refund as ransom to make me withdraw negative feedback. Paypal were great.)

14. Edward

Edward Bartender

As an update, I am now back at work and accessing work emails after a couple of weeks off. I checked in on the Paypal dispute, and there's a note in response from the company apologising for the delay, put down to illness, and giving me tracking details which say it was delivered on 30th July, two days after I filed with paypal. I'll be back in the office to which it has been delivered tomorrow, so will be able to update on the cap itself then. I hate having to report genuine people to paypal assometimes these things do happen, but in the past I've also been ripped off by somebody who feigned being genuine... Not always easy. Any case, I'll put up a review when I get this one in hand.