Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Akubra Day

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
I came up with a lil' marketing campaign idea for Akubra.

"The morning light was blood red. The streets were filled with smoke and screams. Newscasters were weeping on the television and you were fresh out of coffee.

Now, you're running low on ammo. The people barricaded inside with you are muttering in strange languages. The moaning outside is deafening, the sky has turned a sickly green and the power has just gone out. You hear thunder.

Akubra. A Good Hat for a Really Bad Day."

Feel free to add your own versions.

PhilS

One of the Regulars
I just ordered a Campdraft

Based on numerous recommendations. Silverbelly color, which seemed to be in stock. I will need instructions on how to customize the hat when I get it.

I am still going to buy an Open Road on eBay if I can convince all the other 7 3/8's to lay off.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Akubra: When poisonous snakes are the least of your worries.

Akubra: From a country where everything bites comes a hat that doesn't.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PhilS said:
Based on numerous recommendations. Silverbelly color, which seemed to be in stock. I will need instructions on how to customize the hat when I get it.

I am still going to buy an Open Road on eBay if I can convince all the other 7 3/8's to lay off.
You will not be disapointed with your choice of an Akubra. In your quest for vintage do no neglect clones like Dobbs Westward and others that are indistinguishable from an OR. I have a Marathon and two Resistols and two Borsos that are dead ringers for an OR!

dr greg

One Too Many
the hard sell

I believe the one they already have "akubra is australian for hat" can't be beat, because it's true, it has become a generic term over here.
As for things biting... OK I had an 8-foot brown snake at my back door yesterday, which would have had me dead in half an hour, but it took off because it was scared of ME, Unlike say a grizzly bear, which you guys have wandering round in the scrub. Here the only things that eat you alive live in the WATER!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass