Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An example of Vanson's new Comp Weight when (almost) Fully Broken In

jglf

A-List Customer
how is the maple bainbridge breaking in and aging? Looks like beautiful stuff from what I’ve seen on the TB site, never seen it in the wild, or even here that I can recall.
My maple bainbridge is on an Aero and the blue is on a Vanson. The maple is a lot more grainy and soft while the blue is more uniform, stiff, and waxy. I also feel that Vanson uses better clicking and tries to match the panels based on grain and thickness. They are both beautiful in their own ways. Can’t wait to compare the Vancouver to them.

Full sun, the pull on the pocket is jerky HH for comparison. I believe that with wear, this jacket will flatten out and the pores will become much less visible. That’s already happening at certain places on the jacket, mainly around the seams. As far as natural grain goes, I don’t know but I some what doubt it. I suspect it will be become very much like my 80’s era model E.
55FB9C98-845E-4D57-9968-828C1050B46F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21