Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

an interesting quiz

SappySwami

Familiar Face
Hatter, that's pretty spot on! You brought up a lot to think about, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Property doesn't seem to be the quintessential right it used to be. Also that the goverment isn't able to handle a more socialized policy yet. As much as I see it complementing our democracy (even being a requirment), it's pretty clear that it couldn't happen soon, if it even were to.

SappySwami said:
the goverment isn't able to handle a more socialized policy yet. As much as I see it complementing our democracy (even being a requirment), it's pretty clear that it couldn't happen soon, if it even were to.

Thank God! I hope it never will be more socialized. I will be fighting it every step of the way. There is no substitute for personal responsibility and no one else has to pay for the poor choices made by others.
Perhaps the area to concentrate on if you want to fix something is the school system. When the schools start teaching how to think instead of what to think then the people will be better equipped to take care of themselves and not depend on an overreaching government to do it for them. It is certain that individuals have a much more vested interest in taking better care of themselves---certainly more than a government that sees us all as social security numbers and statistics on the census.

Regards to all,

J

SappySwami

Familiar Face
Ideally we would be the government, and would escape that problem. Ideally. :rolleyes:

I agree the school system is a place to start. Need to avoid indoctrination and instead work to allow children to grow up with the capability to think and decide for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy