Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Optimo first...

pwd

New in Town
Years and years ago, in trying to get a Raiders fedora, I had two different Stetson cowboy hats modified, as best I could. I also had a custom hatter south of Austin (TX) make me a fedora, which was heavy and stiff as a board. Then, over a decade later, I finally learned about Optimo on the COW site and, last year, ordered a thin felt in chocolate brown, which makes all my previous efforts pale by comparison. In fact, it would be embarrassing to compare them to the Optimo.

Anyway, as a dress hat, my wife and I agreed that I needed one in black (which will serve as a present for our upcoming 15th wedding anniversary). So, I called Optimo this week and placed my order. According to Kevin, this hat will have the distinction of being the first ever Optimo "Indy" style made in black. Should be finished on March 12. Looking forward to opening the box...

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
So you're the guy that wanted an Indy in black ;)

Kevin told me about some customer wanting an Indy in black, and how happy he was to be making it in that color.
Please post pictures when it comes in.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
You have to upload them somewhere so all can see them.
If you need me to do this, email me at zoharf(at)sc.rr.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou