Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ancestor hat pics

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
Papa Loftin, my father's mother's father. He doesn't look pleased. He was born in 1878.

PapaLoftinBoy.jpg

PapaLoftinBoySM.jpg

mingoslim

Practically Family
Three pics . . .
First, my Great Grandfather William Tecumseh Meade, the Mayor of Kermit WV, along with his two brothers . . . TJ, the Justice of the Peace o fNaughatuck WV, and Anthony Wallace, the local Softshell Baptist Minister.

Wm T - TJ - Anthony Meade.jpg

Next, my Great Grandfather, William Bingham Meande III . . . Grandson of a Revolutionary War Hero, Wm B I, wounded at the Battle of Cowpens, for which he was to receive his acreage in western Virginia . . . my family homestead . . . Son of a Captain in the War of 1812, Wm B II of the Bluebeard Brigade, and himself a son of the Confederacy - Captain in the 14 Virginian. (I still have his wallet, with his CSA bills tucked in the back).

WB Meade Jr III.jpg

And last, my Uncle William "Berry Bill" Meade . . . who spent the same war as an officer in the union army, and once captured one of his nephews who was fighting on the other side . . .

berry bill and evelyn brewer.jpg

The lovely lady is my Great Aunt, Evelyn Brewer . . .

Not mine... snapped this while visiting a friend's home last night. Had to take it out of the frame to avoid reflections, hence the additional provenance. Well dressed fishing on Lake Erie, no?

billsuncle.jpg

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
What a wonderful thread! I've enjoyed the photographs here, very beautiful and elegant. Sadly this is the only photo I could find of my grandfather wearing a hat, he wears western hats when it gets cold and he wears them very well. This one was taken in 1974.

4CtjX89.jpg

My father doesn't wear them but I found an old photo of him wearing a straw hat.

0WrFPj2.jpg

I wish I could find a photo of my great-grandfather, I was told he was a man always in coat, tie, and hat.

smokepiper

New in Town
My Great Grandfather was in the Pits at the 1913 Indy 500. Here's a photo of the winner. They drank 6 bottles of champagne during the six hour race.

Here he is astride his 1912 Redding Standard.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
This is the first picture that I have of me and my father, mid 40's - Maspeth, MY.

2ibg5jo.jpg

This is the last picture I have of me and my father 1993, Atlantic City Beach. He passed away just a few months after this pic was taken.

2lc0h8x.jpg

Picture of me in my first fedora and my mother ..

14o3xw2.jpg

My Mothers parents taken in the 30's....Came here from Germany and their last name was Hummel .........

2chqozl.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot