Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ancestral Golden Era Jobs

Tin Pan Sally

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Tell that to Charlie Chaplin. ;)To the best of my knowledge, once a man has hit puberty he's fertile for the rest of his life.[/QUOTE]
That's just gross. How can a father play ball with his son if he is using a walker?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Dreaming about the FL...

I had a dream about this thread last night! I asked my Mommie what my Grandparents did. She said that my Grandpa did diagnostic routing, which in my dream meant he build huge gears to rotate offices. I then asked my Grandma (because she appeared out of know where dressed in her 40's clothes) what she did. She said she worked with my Grandpa doing diagnostic decorating, which in my dream was designing the aesthetic look of the gears/offices. It was interesting to say the least...

I then hooked up with Prince William -- he was dressed to the 9's like the fine gentlemen in the FL!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Diagnostic Routing/Decorating, huh?

Dreams are so bizarre and the details so random- fantastic!
I have recurring dreams of performing surgery- I am not a surgeon...

My Wife speaks repeatedly, in her sleep, of Wild Horses in Cheshire- that and asking for cups of tea...

Keep on dreaming!

B
T

Tin Pan Sally

I have a recurring dream that I get lost in the moutains or desert and stumble upon a monastary full of GQ looking monks who have taken a vow of celibacy...
Oops, did I type that outloud?
:eek:fftopic:

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I am a terrible sleep talker! But my ex-boyfriend was the worst! Every night I would wake up to him cussing or making sound effects (and acting them out!)! He had night terrors as well.

Maybe you were a doctor in a past life! :) I want to have your wife's dreams... sounds like she is having a lovely afternoon in the English countryside. :)

BellyTank said:
Diagnostic Routing/Decorating, huh?

Dreams are so bizarre and the details so random- fantastic!
I have recurring dreams of performing surgery- I am not a surgeon...

My Wife speaks repeatedly, in her sleep, of Wild Horses in Cheshire- that and asking for cups of tea...

Keep on dreaming!

B
T

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hahahaha... what is your subconcious thinking?

Tin Pan Sally said:
I have a recurring dream that I get lost in the moutains or desert and stumble upon a monastary full of GQ looking monks who have taken a vow of celibacy...
Oops, did I type that outloud?
:eek:fftopic:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My maternal grandfather spent most of his life running a Texaco station in a small Maine town, but before he got into that business in 1940, he did a lot of different things --

Semi-professional basketball player
Cooper (worker in a barrel factory)
Leader of a six-piece dance band that played vaudeville around the Northeast and Maritime Canada (he played drums)
WPA laborer
Longshoreman
Explosives Handler
Plane Spotter

(He also dabbled a bit in bootlegging on the side, although his brother actually held the franchise for that activity.)

My maternal grandmother intended to become a nurse -- she worked her way thru the first year of nursing school as a waitress in a lunch room, but ended up having to quit school when she got pregnant. She was a housewife for the rest of her life, but also did all the bookkeeping and paperwork for the gas station until she trained me to take it over when I was in high school, and I helped her keep it running until she died.

They were solid, decent working-class people, and I miss them very much.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Grandpa had a still.

My paternal grandpa also was a small time bootlegger during Prohibition. Of course he made rum with all that sugar cane. My Dad told me that when he was 7 or 8 he and Grandpa and his older brother would go up to the still and make rum. The foam from the rum would spill onto the floor. Since it was night time the rats from the cane fields would come out and lick the foam and get drunk.lol

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
California Dreamin

"I had too much to dream last night" The Electric Prunes

SC :eek:

PS Ms. Haze those are very interesting dreams. When
Prince William showed up were you singing "Someday My
Prince Will Come"?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I have weird dreams I tell ya! But for the most part I can trace them back to something that happened during the day.

Hahahaha no I wasn't singing that... How funny would that be if I was!

Solid Citizen said:
"I had too much to dream last night" The Electric Prunes

SC :eek:

PS Ms. Haze those are very interesting dreams. When
Prince William showed up were you singing "Someday My
Prince Will Come"?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I had a dream I was in Vegas in 1948. I was driving a 41 Continental up from Los Angeles and pulled up at the Four Queens on Fremont St.:D No it was The Flamingo.:eek: Don't wake me up yet.lol

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Was there a "Vegas" back then? I thought the Vegas we all know and love was a 60's thing...

Lincsong said:
I had a dream I was in Vegas in 1948. I was driving a 41 Continental up from Los Angeles and pulled up at the Four Queens on Fremont St.:D No it was The Flamingo.:eek: Don't wake me up yet.lol

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
So I asked my Mom and I found out that...

Maternal Grandma - Never worked a day in her life. Lucky lady. So I will say she was a house wife.

Maternal Grandpa - Was a tool and die maker after her got out of the service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails