Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Animated Disney movies

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
my favorite animated Disney movies

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Fantasia

Dumbo

Bambi

Song of the South

Cinderella

Peter Pan

Lady and the Tramp

Sleeping Beauty

One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

And that's it. :D

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Disney!

Spitfire said:
...and Lady and the Tramp...bella notte!!!!

Isn't that scene adorable? the Lady and the Tramp at the table with the spaghetti strand in both their mouths Awwww!!! That's the most romantic scene ever...and the background song "Bella Notte"... :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Isn't that scene adorable? the Lady and the Tramp at the table with the spaghetti strand in both their mouths Awwww!!! That's the most romantic scene ever...and the background song "Bella Notte"... :D

My wife and I still plays that little game with the last meatball....:D
Very romantic.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Fantasia!!!!

I first saw it when I was in junior high, I think. It was playing at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood on that huge, curved screen. (That's where I first saw 2001: A Space Odyssey as well.)

I loved it! I got a kick out of the Sorcerers Apprentice, and really loved Night on Bald Mountain. Not that I didn't enjoy the rest of it.

There is a Fantasia 2000 out. It's not quite as memorable as the first one. I was disappointed that they felt they had to include the Sorcerers Apprentice in the second one since those buying it probably already had the first!

Cheers,
Tom

Miss.Beast

New in Town
LadyStardust said:
My very favorite is Sleeping Beauty, it was my favorite from the start, and I love it to this day. And it's true, I thought it didn't get much more perfect than Prince Phillip. And Maleficent is just the most wicked villain in my opinion, so conniving and malicious, who fed off the suffering of others. And I adore the three good fairies, especially Merriweather, she's hilarious.

hehe, Yes, Sleeping Beauty was also my favorite. Correction: IS ALSO MY FAVORITE. Ever since I was a lil kiddo, I'd always watch it and wonder why my copy was so dark? Anyone else's like that?
But then I got a newer version and it wasn't as dark, and I could see everything properly.

Prince Philip, haha, a cartoon dreamboat.

As a child, I used to play witches with my friends and used this HUGE ring on my index finger just like Maleficent's and I pretended I was just like her...

:eusa_clap

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I like Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland, they are stylistically my favorites. Mostly because of Mary Blairs influence.

I don't consider any Pixar movies to be Disney, they only distributed them and had nothing to do with creating them.*

*But I do think they are all great and I own them all, I just want to give credit where credit is due.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Fantasia

Dumbo

Bambi

Song of the South

Cinderella

Peter Pan

Lady and the Tramp

Sleeping Beauty

One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

And that's it. :D

You've read my mind. I'll also add the shorts; Saludos Amigos,The Three Caballeros and Melody Time.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Just returned from viewing 'Ratatouille.' I was absolutely awestruck by the incredible animation, characters, humor...did I mention the incredible animation? I guess some here don't consider this a Disney animated film, but I'll call it the best animated film ever! :eusa_clap

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Quigley Brown said:
Just returned from viewing 'Ratatouille.' I was absolutely awestruck by the incredible animation, characters, humor...did I mention the incredible animation? I guess some here don't consider this a Disney animated film, but I'll call it the best animated film ever! :eusa_clap

I'll second that ... I thought "The Incredibles" had great animation when it came out, but "Ratatouille" blows it out of the water

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
J I guess some here don't consider this a Disney animated film, but I'll call it the best animated film ever! :eusa_clap

Disney 3D animated movies:
Chicken Little-ok
The Wild-bad
Meet the Robinsons-better (fixed by Pixar in the 11th hour)

Pixar:
Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars-sure this one is the "worst" Pixar film, but still way better than most other studios attempts
Ratatouille-instant classic

Not much comparison.
But now that Pixar has "taken over" Disney animation I expect that John Lassiter will not let any stinkers out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo