Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another B-3 repro thread

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pulls on worsted wool knits are par for the course, IMO.
My Aero ANJ-3 was the same and they were replaced and now it's perfect again.
And the wool knit cuffs on one of my Buzz Ricksons A-10 gloves are the same but much worse - but they get an awful lot of wear on my dog walks every morning with me constantly taking my right glove on and off to pick up poop multiple times for every walk and so it's not surprising to me - so for that glove I have some suitably coloured thread and my embroidery needles out and, when I have the time, I'll tuck the errant pull and shore it up with a couple of stitches. "A stitch in time saves nine" and all that.
Do you think you can show a photo instruction on how to needle the loop back? The cuff is folded onto itself so I can't get to the underside of the outer layer, which is the pulled layer.
Now, I think I remember how this happened, but to be honest, telling the story is not going to do Eastman any good. All I can say is, with most other knits, whether used by Aero, Japanese makers, Schott, whoever, would not have suffered like this. They are all woven more tightly to let the tiny hooky thing catch a thread.

HPA Rep

Vendor
All I can say is, with most other knits, whether used by Aero, Japanese makers, Schott, whoever, would not have suffered like this. They are all woven more tightly to let the tiny hooky thing catch a thread.

Please do show us how these knits are more tightly woven via comparison pics. After over four decades of handling and wearing thousands of jackets and sweaters with knit parts that include the major Japanese makers, I haven't encountered any that were as you describe. Being able to substantiate such a claim and how this magical knit can withstand getting snagged on objects needs to be seen, and testing on a video would be even more compelling, where you could run the knit against whatever it is you think the ELC knit was snagged on to see if the magical knit fails or not.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
I've had an ELC A2 for approx' 30 years, I have Aero as well and until recently had no problems but one day stupidly wore a large watch with a sparpish bezel and that spoiled the cuff on one side, I think ELC knits are as good as anyones and certainly more authentic than some others, usually if a knit fails it is down to something you have done.

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy